Soul Mates -22-

Melodie:

I felt it as my spirit left my body, and travelled past Edmond’s castle. From my height, I could see where the witches world lay, but there was almost a…a separator. Both places were isolated from each other, with some sort of force which seemed to have started off from the witches’ world.

I could see my father. Almost as if there was a gate away in the air, he seemed to be pacing anxiously, and only when his door suddenly flung open did he seem to stop. “Where are they now?” he asked.

The boy on the door, who was no older than me with a rarely handsome face, said “Our spies have said that they would be leaving the magic world soon” then he added quite nervously “but sir, we have a small problem…”

My dad’s eyes narrowed and I heard him snap his fingers together, waiting patiently for the boy to continue.

“There are two others who just passed through the same mirror…”

“WHAT?” his voice boomed through his huge office, and the force of it, I swear, shook the walls. The boy tried not to tremble and said “we’ve detected them sir, we just need to know who they are and why they were here. I will get you the information within the hour.”

The boy took a few and measured steps away from my father, then dashed out the door.  My father took in a deep breath, and then seemed to be talking to himself. I couldn’t make out what he was saying, but the word “Kill”, and other versions of it, seemed to have been said quite a lot. I hoped he wasn’t talking about me and Precious…or the strangers that just came from a mirror too. I wouldn’t want to wish them harm, maybe we would even meet somewhere along the way.

The gateway that allowed me to see my father was suddenly getting smaller and smaller, and after a couple of seconds, it disappeared completely.

I found myself just outside the borders of the witch’s world; the wind must have done its bit carrying me here! I was afraid that passing through the force that separated the two worlds would alert some kind of enemy, like my father, or some unpleasant friend, like Edmond. But really, if you didn’t try, you’ll always wonder why right? Or so old people tell you all the time!

I took in a deep breath, and stepped through. Nothing happened to me. I didn’t get electrified, and no emergency bells seemed to be ringing anywhere…but still, it might be a silent one right? I couldn’t care less really if I could find some more information, so I floated away; cursing the wind every time it tried to throw me in the wrong direction, and it was doing that suspiciously often!

Hunter:

We landed on the grass-full land with a loud thud, and I howled at Dragon to get his butt from my  paws. He didn’t seem to notice a thing, so I bit him. I knew he would heal in a matter of seconds, I just needed his attention because he could probably break my leg just sitting on it. Animals are way too sensitive than humans in issues like broken bones. And they don’t want to be found with a weakness, and a broken leg could cost a life.

We started walking, and just as Mel had said, the pixies came out. I wasn’t sure if they were looking at me or dragon, but they were all licking their lips and behaving in a very sexual manner that you would only expect to see from prostitutes. But they were naked…so there approach was just the way they felt. I hoped I was wrong.

I knew they were blood sucking pixies, so if they were really interested in a person…they would drink his or her blood. They would probably suck us dry.

“Run” I screamed at Dragon as the pixies charged at us, with saliva dripping down their beautiful features.