Soul Mates -17-

Melodie:

“Fireflies?” I asked with a frown.

“No” Precious gave a sharp intake of breath “Pixies”

I laughed, what was she talking about? Pixies? These were just…

“Oh my God…pixies” I exclaimed with a scream, and she rolled her eyes at me. As if to say how slow I was…in a sort of nicer way.

We were standing on a green field of grass that stretched on forever and ever and ever, and looked endless. Like I was looking at the sea, I almost felt that it’s infinite, because it just goes on.

It looked like there could never be danger in this place. It looked safe. But it still didn’t stop me from checking my jeans pockets for my weapons. We were both wearing huge cloaks…and hiding daggers on whatever paces we could find, hence the cloak and dagger routine.

“Who are you humans?” a little pixie said in a squeaky adorable voice as we approached her. They all looked just like human beings, in a smaller scale. With wings, and ears that rather curved upwards. They were also all beautiful. Unbelievably beautiful. If they lived in our normal world, no human girl would ever get a boyfriend!

“This here, is Melodie, the queen’s daughter, and I’m her friend” Precious said.

I saw the pixie’s eyes widen in shock, then in happiness, and she was about to say something but

I, however, was more interested in friendly chat than status chat “I’ve never seen a pixie before in my life” I told her with a smile.

She gave a small, high-pitched laugh and said “Then you’ll see a lot here my princess”

“Just cal me Melodie” I said with a warm voice, and beamed at her when she said my name, just to try it out probably.

“I’m called Tessa” she said and extended her hand. I didn’t know how the hell I would shake that, so I just extended a finger. She laughed and came to sit on my shoulder.

“That’s not quite what I expected from the witches world to be honest!” I said to her, just to start a conversation.

“Oh because first, that’s an illusion to drive intruders away, they wouldn’t see anything but a grass field that never stopped. And second, this isn’t the witches’ world Melodie”

I stopped dead in my tracks “What?” I exclaimed. Totally lost, and feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulder. If this isn’t the witches’ world, where was I? Where did I end up being? Pixies world then? I sighed in frustration and said “Well? Where the hell am I?

Hunter:

I took a sharp intake of breath as cold water hit me. And when I looked up, Dragon was standing there, very angry, but at least had the sense as not start a fight with me because I was clearly in no shape. And when I looked closely, I saw that he was too, in a bad figure. I wondered why.

“All because of you’re bitch that I’m on the state I’m on now. And Precious wouldn’t have gone off alone. I knew she wouldn’t. But Melodie is just bad influence on all of us. I don’t even know where she is! I can’t feel her” he started talking in furry, and as he reached the end, he was almost going hysterical.

Ah, so now I know. Right. Mel didn’t go off alone then. I was secretly glad, at least wherever she is, someone else is with her. Keeping watch. Of course, I would never tell him that.

“I don’t know” I said helplessly with a weak wave of my arm as I lay there stretched on the floor, “Anywhere. They could be anywhere.”

His eyes suddenly darkened, and he gripped the collar of my shirt and pulled me up to my feet, no effort done on my part there! I was like a lump body, I didn’t move a muscle. He could have swung me over his head and brought me cashing on the mirror. I could see his body shaking with the effort of trying to be in control, and not let the wolf in him be.

He slammed me against the wall, tightening his hand around my neck and screamed in my face “What am I suppose to do then?? TELL ME!”

I just looked at him with a blank expression. I didn’t know what to do either, so had nothing behind my eyes. Nothing at all.

Dragon:

For fuck’s sake why doesn’t he feel? He’s almost dead the way he is going on. No emotions or feeling no nothing or anything. They all sort of, either being blocked out or sucked in. I didn’t know which. But his brain has shut down either way. He was gone, dead and gone.

And I was angry. Angry at myself for not waking up when Precious left. Angry at Precious for having gone with Melodie, angry at Hunter for not waking up when Melodie left, but most of all I was angry at Melodie. Why the hell did she leave and take Precious with her?

I mean…the first time I saw her; I sure didn’t like her that much. But the unfriendliness decreased the more time I spent with her. I didn’t even snap at her when the hotel was almost burning down and Precious was going to get hit by a big burning block of wood! Well maybe because none of it was real anyway. But still…

I kind of accepted her as one of us, and she betrayed me in the most horrible way I could think of.  No one could understand the physical and emotional pain I was going through. This…this was worse than any kind of torture I’ve ever been through.

Mind you, not that I have been to many. But I know that driving a knife through my heart is way easier. I know that hot iron bars wouldn’t hurt as much. I know that werewolf bites are not-a-thing compared to this! This…this was hell in its worst moments, and someone has to pay!

My life without Precious is nothing.

Nothing.

It’s not worth a thing!

And that’s why, unlike Hunter, I’ll go look for her. I’ll bring her back. I don’t care what it takes. And when I find them. I’ll rip Melodie to shreds.

I let go of a brain dead hunter, and his body slumped to the ground. He has no purpose, but I do!

“Listen Hunter, when I find her, there will be no mercy” I said to him in a voice full of resentment. But nothing seemed to move him or his blank look. He seemed like he didn’t quite hear, but that isn’t my problem. I warned him, and if he’s to keep her safe from my snapping jaw, then he damn well better start now.