Chapter 14

Her breath stopped for a moment. Both her hands were shaking in surprise. Two little drops of tears struggled down her cheeks, and even though this was such a beautiful moment, the girl's heart felt abashed and broken. Again, like she's done something bad. Something wrong.

But she loved him so much and she did wanted to marry him and hold him close. She wanted to feel his lips against hers and ruffle his hair while kissing.

The pink and yellow girl took a last look at his hands and what he was holding, the beautiful ring dancing in the mixture of lights. It was very beautiful and it made her happy, but most of all..she wanted it.

"Yes." Rose finally whispered ."Yes, I do."

The Master stood up, a fake smile on his face. He took a deep breath before grabbing the girl's hand and fixing the ring on her finger.

"I am so glad you accepted,my lady."

She blushed as he kissed the top of her hand, then walked his way back to the castle, leaving Rose smile to herself.

She couldn't believe it. It was just like a dream...a beautiful one, coming true. What made the King ask her to become his wife? What happened? What made him do it ? After all, she was just a normal girl with a dark past. She wasn't princess. She wasn't royal. She wasn't that whose body swimmed in milk and honey.

So, why?

Rose threw her eyes on the ring once more before taking her leave. On the soft and fresh grass her shoes were leaving small footprints behind.

This is all she wanted in her life. That's what she needed the most...but still. Why was she feeling ashamed?

Will her love ever want to abdicate and make his son a king?

Rose liked the idea of kids, and even though it was still early, she couldn't stop thinking about it.

She finally stepped inside the castle, the smile becoming wider and wider.

"Somebody looks better now." a voice was heard behind her.

Rose turned around, the brown coated man was walking towards her.

"John!" she greeted "Nice to see you! Why would I look sad?"

"That's not what you said a few hours ago."

"W-What do you mean? The best thing in my life just happened today."

"Huh?" his eyes widened in surprise.

"The King asked me to marry him, John. Please wish me luck!" she laughed "Brilliant!"

The girl gave him a last look.
"Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go to my room." And she walked away.

John couldn't believe his eyes. He could sense something was amiss. Wasn't Rose Tyler having a mental breakdown just that evening? And oh how sad she was.

What made her change her mind just like that?

Has he offered her money and gold?

Something was wrong. And John could feel it. The girl stepped inside her bedroom, Vlad Dracula creepily smiling to her.

"Not today!" she pointed with her finger "You're not gonna ruin it, ugly man!"

Rose gently sat down, her face towards the ceiling. She sighed in relief, her hands hugging her shaky body.

'Rose. Rose, don't do it.'

"What?!" she jumped, a shoked expression on her face.

'Don't do it! He is no good. You need to save the Doctor!'

"Who's talking?! Who are you?"

'You need to find the watch. Save him, Rose. Save the world.'

"What!? Am I going mad?" she threw her arms in the air.

To her surprise, there was nobody there. She was all alone in the spacious and cold room. So, who was talking to her?! She's heard about ghosts before, but Rose never believed. They were not real. She's also heard about aliens. But then again, she never accepted them. It was ridiculous.

"Who are you?"

'There's no time. Find the watch! The King is hiding something.'

"Yeah? And how do YOU know about that? My king is the most precious ma-"

'Just do as I say! Or we're all gonna die and your real love will suffer.'

"My real love!?"

'The Doctor, Rose. The Doctor.'