Chapter twenty-one

Luna

This is goodbye...

The talk with my father was the first and last of its kind. I will not pursue this any longer than I have. I have never seen a man as livid as he was. He told me a secret he had kept for far too long... My mother was killed by your kind. I see now the error in both his and my own ways.

I am not saying he is right. Because he most certainly isn't, but I can no longer be part of this. I can no longer bare to be here. Attached to the letter is a fully detailed map of our compound and our security detail schedule. I hope you find them useful.

I will not be here when you come.

Xavier is held in the lowest level with the most guards, beside him is a room I have no idea what the intention of is, but it is almost never guarded. There is a weak spot in the wall there, you can reach him much quicker that way.

Do not think that I abandoned you. My heart still sores with you on the clouds in my dreams, but my mind knows better than to think I can be yours. Not after my mother...
So this is the end of the greatest love affair I have ever had.

The Black Guard will be arriving in three days here, the head always sleeps near my room. I have marked his quarters with an X. Make sure you get him as well...

If you find the mercy in your heart to spare my father... Please do so.

He is after all still my father.

You will never be erased from my memory. None of you will. You have given me a better sight on life and it's occupants. For that I am thankful. I will always have a hole in my heart where you all once lived...

But this is a goodbye I could have predicted the day I was captured by your eyes.

My dragon's eyes...

Farewell, lover.
I will always miss you.
Love.
Abney