Chapter eighteen

Dear Luna

I am outraged.

My father and I finally had the meeting with the board. It was a board of scientists and people funding my father's work. They have made a break through of great proportion. Funny they made it only when I came home...
They had discovered that the DNA between human and supernatural aren't shared at all. Your DNA simply mimic that of a human's as to blend in with your surroundings more. The manner in which they have gained this knowledge is beyond my grasp, but I do not want to know.

My father has gone overboard with rage for your kind and I simply can't find the source of his rage. It hurts my brain to think that someone can hate another for just being different. We all have our flaws, I guess... But his runs deeper than I previously thought.

I'm growing even more restless.

They keep me in my room more and more now, saying that it isn't safe. That you would attack at any moment. I don't believe them, but I have a feeling someone near you is watching you. Please be careful. It isn't safe anywhere.

Yesterday I heard the maids talking about the Vampire King of America being detained here, in Egypt. I panicked, thinking you would let Xavier leave, but knew better. You love them all too much to let them go.

For a moment I even thought you loved me too much to let me go. Seems I was mistaken. Although I know a part of me will always love you. Always love Shaé, Cassidy and even Adrian and his odd charm. I haven't been gone for all that long and yet my yearning grows stronger by the minute. The moment you have my father, I will leave this place.

I will pursue the life I know I deserve. Maybe even a life like yours... One filled with love. And kindness and care. Please bring my father to an end. I no longer wish to see him slip further and further into a life of madness.

After all, he is still my father.

I miss you.
Love
Abney