Chapter 10: My friend Frodo Baggins.

A/N dec2020: from here to chapter 13 is unedited so the grammar is pretty bad. I'll get to it one day.

"Pete!" yells Patrick at his friend who is jumping around the basement while playing the bass." You're gonna hurt someone jumping around like that!"

"I can't help it. I'm getting really into the song. This is fucking dope." Pete yells back while still jumping and almost knocks Andy into his drum set. The drummer stumbles a bit and lets out a few curse words. "Oops, sorry."

Mikey was over at one of their Saturday band practices held in Andy's basement. He was practically dying of laughter while this whole ridiculous scene unfolded. He may feel awkward being around Pete's other friends but he always had a great time at their practices.

"Dude, the song has been over for two minutes now." Patrick sighs and grabs Pete before he can jump from one of their amplifiers and throws him on the couch while mumbles an apology. "And we do not need a dangerous bass solo."

"You're no fun." Pete sticks out his bottom lip and pouts like a child."I'll totally fine, right Mikey?"

"I hate to break it to you, but Patrick has a point. You're gonna hurt somebody."Mikey says which leads to Pete tackling him onto the basement couch.

"You're supposed to be on my side, Mikes."

"I can't always be on your side, Pete. Also, can you stop tackling me?" Then again, Mikey actually sorta liked it because having a possible crush on Pete made it cute plus it was a good position just to kiss him.

Mikey don't think like that. He thinks to himself, making a blush appear on his face, You're not even sure you have a crush on him.

Pete just laughs at his response and tackles him again, this time pushing them into Joe who was sitting on the couch."What the hell did you have in your cereal this morning?" Joe asks, shoving them off himself."You're like an energetic squirrel on caffeine."

"Wait," says Patrick as  looks straight into Pete's eyes,"Please tell me you didn't have coffee this morning. You know what it does to you."

"Pfff no."Pete brushes his fringe out of his eyes, avoiding his friend's gaze. Mikey could definitely tell Pete was lying though it was quite obvious."Coffee is gross,dude."

"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the Third don't lie to me."Patrick was starting to sound like a mother. "Did you have coffee?"

"Okay," The energetic one finally surrenders, "Maybe a cup... or three." By the way he was shaking, Mikey could tell he had more than three cups then again Pete is always  a bit on the hyper side.

"Jesus Pete," Patrick grabs his arm and pull him up, "Go outside. Run or kick some rocks or something. Just get that energy out before you come back here and nearly make Andy fall  in his drum set again." Pete mumbles a fine and exits through the basement door.

"How did you guys deal with him all these years?" chuckles Mikey,"He's like a cute ball of trouble."He prays to every God that they'lll ignore his comment on how cute Pete and thankfully they did. But Patrick did look at him suspiciously for a minute before looking away again.

"I don't know." shrugs Andy."We just do plus Patrick became the mom of the group."

"Well someone had to be." replies Patrick. He picks up a folder next to Mikey and starts to look through it. Mikey notices it has all their song drafts but he also catches a glimpse of a messy, scribbled page that looked like a bunch of band names.

"Hey,you guys haven't found a name yet." They had been a band for almost a year, playing little gigs here and there but they weren't complete until they got a name."How's it going?"