Chapter 5: Ray Toro the lady magnet

It had been nearly a week since the locker room break in and peeing in Jake Anderson's helmet adventure. Frank was pretty sure Jake didn't know it was him that pissed in his beloved hockey helmet judging by he didn't do anything worse than usual shoving him into the lockers. He was proud to have accomplished it. It's not everyday you get a chance to pee in a hockey helmet. Jake was a real jerk and Frank was pumped to do more locker room mayhem one day.

Speaking of the locker room, so far the camera they set up hadn't picked up anything useful yet. All that has come up were the sport players changing out of their practice clothes, which Ray had to pull Frank away from looking several times like a little child looking at candy in the store, and Jake's reaction to his helmet full of piss. It was an Oscar worthy reaction,though, that involved throwing the piss helmet across the room and yelling out a series of colorful words. Besides that, the camera plan wasn't working as efficiently as they thought it would.

They were back to square one having no blackmail of any type and avoiding most of the student population. At lunch, they got together at their usual spot on the stone steps outside. Frank didn't mind sitting there now that he had a group of friends. Mikey was sitting with them, quietly eating his lunch and Gerard was trying to explain croquet to Ray.

"You don't need to swing the balls into orbit, you know?" sighed Gerard, addressing the problem before someone got hurt by Ray and his wild swings. "You just need to hit it a little."

"But what fun is that?" Ray argued back. This went of for several minutes before Frank decided to tune them out. He thought this was a pathetic conversation even though he really felt like talking to someone. Frank noticed Mikey looking a little down so he moved closer to the younger. They hadn't talked that much alone and he wanted to solidify the friendship between them.

"Hey." Frank greeted Mikey, making him jump up a little, readjusting to reality after being zoned out.

"Hey." He mumbled in response as he picked at his salad, not looking up to look at Frank. "Um...do you need anything?"

"Just wanted to talk to you." Frank had noticed Mikey looked a bit lonely too. "Are you okay? I know you usually hang out with Pete. Did something happened?"

"You sound like my brother." the younger boy replied, accompanied with a nervous laugh. "Nah, it's just I feel awkward around his other friends. I haven't always been Pete's friend so it hard to fit in when they have inside jokes and all. They're nice and I guess they like me but I still feel awkward you know?"

Frank wanted to hug Mikey. Everyone wanted to hug Mikey to be honest. He really could relate to him in this moment. "I do understand how you feel. It might not seem like it, but I do feel a bit weird being the new kid to you guys. Especially since I have no idea what has happened to Ray and Gee."

"I would tell you but it's not my business to. They'll tell you soon. They really trust you." Mikey looked up and smiled. He was right. They did really trust Frank already and he trusted them back too.

"I know. But honestly if anything is bugging you, come to me and we'll talk it out. Actually no, I give horrible advice." Mikey finally let out a real laugh at Frank's comment though he knew he was being serious as well. Frank smiled at him and went to take a sip out of his travel mug but as he does so, something soggy hit him in the head.

Another freaking sandwich.

"Hey Lero, you look kinda hungry don't you?" shouted Jake from his usual table where him and his friends where laughing."If you eat all your nutrients maybe you'll finally reach five feet tall."

And that was the last straw for him. No one makes fun of his height. Frank picked up the sandwich off the floor and looked at it. Of course it had meat in it. He turned to look Gerard who gave him a shake of the head like 'Frank don't.' but Frank was more like 'Frank yes'. He stood up and shouted back at Jake.