Chapter 1: School is a pain in the neck literally.

"Stupid birds." Gerard muttered as he tried to block the sound of chirping with his pillow. His alarm hasn't even rung yet those damn birds have woken him up. He was already not in a pleasant mood because today was the first day back at Belleville Academy or as Gerard likes to call it, hell.

After several failed attempts to block them out, Gerard finally decided to surrender himself to the devil birds. He rolled over and grabbed his phone off the nightstand. He then proceeded to blind himself with the unnaturally bright phone screen and check his social media, though not like anything actually social was happening.

After reblogging a few tumblr posts and replying to a text from Ray about where to meet up in this morning, Gerard finally kicked his bed sheets off himself and got up.

He turned off his alarm before it could ring and annoy him even more than he already was. Gerard wasn't a morning person. He believed whoever got up at six in the morning and enjoyed it must not be human. Gerard stumbled around in the darkness of his room, bumping into every single piece of furniture before he could find the light switch. The day was already off to a great start.

Because Gerard went to a fancy ass private school, he didn't need to spend an hour planning his outfit. He put on a white button-up shirt and ugly gray dress pants. He much rather hang himself with the obligatory red and black stripped tie than be caught dead in those hideous excuse for pants. He grabbed his school jacket that was hanging in the closet for the entirety of the summer collecting dust and placed it near his book bag. Whoever thought making students wear it in seventy degree weather must have been crazy or lived in the arctic. Or both.

Gerard finally got out of his dark cave which was his room and made his way to the bathroom he shared with his brother. He was almost happy he was up early, he had it to himself. Mikey spent more time on his hair than their mom did,straightening and styling every single strand of hair.

Speaking of hair, Gerard had to figure out what to do with the mess of whatever is on his head. His long, dyed black hair was sticking up everywhere and knotted like a bird's nest. School rules stated that a boys hair shouldn't be longer than shoulder length, and just to spite them, he grew it just above the required length. They couldn't punish him because he was well within school rules.

Gerard took a comb and started working on it, tearing out some hair in the process and nearly breaking the poor comb. And after what seems like an eternity of attacking his head, Gerard finally gave up any attempt of styling it and decided to go with the 'emo kid from 2005' look that he seemed to sport every day.

"Dude," Mikey said, leaning against the hallway wall as Gerard walked out of the bath,"You've been in there for like forever."

"It's not like you don't spend hours on end burning your hair." Gerard replied and flicked a section of shorter hair that was sticking up on top his brother's head.

Mikey grinned at Gerard before entering the bathroom and closing the door. "At least I get mine to look fabulous!" He shouted from the inside. Because of the one year difference between the two, Gerard and Mikey got along pretty well, just the occasional sibling rivalry.

Gerard smirked to himself and made his way downstairs to the kitchen. His mother sat down at the dinning table and sipped her coffee while reading a home decor magazine. "Good morning." he says as he pours himself a cup. If it weren't for coffee, Gerard probably wouldn't function.

"Good morning to you as well." his mother replied, not looking up from the article. Gerard glanced over to see what it is. Something about house plants. "Your father left early but he made you and Mikey lunch. It's in the fridge." Gerard's dad was the culinary master in the Way family even though he works in some boring accounting job. He's the Gordon Ramsay of the family except nicer and from New Jersey.