Chapter 6: Mikey Way the punk rock tambourine player

Gerard did a lot of thinking. Not about bad things necessarily, just random things in general where the majority of his thought. His thought could be of the simplest of things to weirdest such as his organs swishing around in him. But with all those thoughts he never has just one alone. There were always other related thoughts, sub thoughts and even random thoughts that just made up a continuous chain of thoughts in his mind. He liked thinking,though, and his favorite place to think was during art class when his mind was at it's most creative and active.

Art class was Gerard's get away from everything. Art was something he loved to and probably his favourite school subject. He was still ignored by everyone but he wasn't surrounded by people who made fun of him. The students in advanced art were tolerable and sometimes complimented his drawings or made light conversation about art when him. Most of the time, Gerard was alone but he didn't mind because he could concentrate on his art and thoughts.

Today, he was working on the art project for the month. They were suppose to do stencil art with a melted crayon background so the whole classroom was filled with the soft yet loud hum of blow dryers. Not the best environment to think today but Gerard didn't mind,he'd just block out the sound by thinking of a song to mentally sing along to. Gerard was getting quite bored today in class. The crayons were taking forever to melt and because Ray ate his good yellow, Gerard had to use this fuck-you-yellow kind of colour that didn't quite fit right with the colour scheme he had in mind.

Gerard took this moment of absolute boredom to think. He started thinking about a few days ago when they tried to get a girl for Ray and that morphed into thinking about what happened between Ray and Becca. It was kind of Gerard's fault that it went horrible between them and he can't help but feel like all the trouble she caused were because of him being friends with Ray. It doesn't excuse the awfulness of Becca herself but they always fought over Gerard and how Ray hung around with him because he was the school joke. He just felt guilty that he caused Ray all the humiliation his ex-girlfriend put him through. That's why Gerard wanted to find him a girlfriend. He wants someone to be there when he can't and one that won't treat him like Becca did.

Frank also popped onto his mind. Frank the new kid who was already socially outcasted on the first day of school. Maybe after that initial slipping up of calling Mr. Urie hot would have blown over and the school would accepted him as a normal student. Gerard doubted that Frank would be friends with any of the jocks but once he chose Gerard, it pretty much ended the chance of any one actually decent talking to Frank. Once your caught with Gerard Way, you've pretty much just invited yourself into high school social life hell.

Gerard snapped out of his thoughts when the teacher called for everyone to start putting their things away. Good thing too because Gerard was about to get too deep into his thoughts. He looked down at his barely melted crayon project, slightly annoyed that he has to spend another class on it. He put away the blow dryer and placed his project on the drying rack just as the bell for lunch rang. Gerard didn't leave yet and stayed behind to clean up the class a bit. It was a perfect excuse to avoid the lunch time hallway traffic and the teacher wasn't that bad to have a light talk with.

After a few minutes, Gerard finally left, wishing the teacher a nice day and stepped out of class. He strolled the mostly empty hallway, making sure his sketchbook doesn't lose any of his loose papers. Gerard really needed to get a folder for them to avoid them falling all over the floor. As he turns down the hallway where his locker was, he felt himself get yanked by the back of his school jacket collar and slammed into a nearby locker. Todd Lyring pinned him up against it, making Gerard's papers fly everywhere.

"What do you want, Todd?" Gerard didn't feel like dealing with him today, all he wanted to do was to get to lunch. "Shouldn't you be with your new girlfriend?"