Chapter 9: Hyperactive dogs and hypocritical gays.

A/N Dec2020: I finished editing this chapter and the ending is different than what it original was 4 years ago if anyone who reads this remembers. I did not like what I had written at the time and the message it sent haha

It was an early, slightly chilly Saturday morning in Belleville and most teenagers would be huddled up warmly inside, embracing the possibility to sleep in. Except Ray Toro was not like most teenagers. He was one of those morning people that most people, including his best friend Gerard, hated.

Ray actually liked waking up early. He found that the morning air had a refreshing feeling and it was peaceful, especially on weekends when most people didn't have work and those rowdy kids were inside watching cartoon. He embraced the quietness and the fact it was not dark but also not bright like it would be during the midday. He found it perfect.

So instead of staying huddled up under his blankets this morning, Ray decided to take a long walk peaceful walk with his dog, Toby. Toby was a black and white husky who did not know how large he was and was determined to sit on your lap as if he was a small dog. Whenever they had guests over at their place they had to deal with the cuddliness of his fluffy dog. Toby, like Ray, also loved walks in the morning  and always begged to tag along with his owner. He would even took his leash out from the closet and would bring it to Ray, pairing it with  big blue puppy dog eyed look. Ray could never refuse.

After a bit of tug of war with the leash, the odd teenager and his dog stepped outside into the cool November air. He underestimated the breeze and thought maybe he should have worn more than a fake leather jacket and gloves. Ray knows he can forget about wearing a hat since nothing can contain the Toro Fro. He'll tough it out but in reality, he was slightly jealous of his dog's natural fur coat.

The pair started to walk down the sidewalk. There were not too many cars nor people so it was very quiet, just like he liked it. Besides, of course, the sound of chirping birds. Those little demons have not migrated south yet.

"Where do you want to go?" Ray asked his dog as if he could respond.
He mimics what he thinks Toby would sound.

"Can we go to the dog park Ray? Please please please please." Toby looked at him confused and slightly insulted by the impression.

Ray laughed and started to walk towards the nearby dog park. It would be peaceful and not many people will be there, which is a good thing too because Toby always got super hyperactive whenever he is around  other dogs. Not in a mean way ' back to establish dominance way', more like he wants to be dog friends with all the dogs in the world.

Ten minutes and one stop  for Toby's business later,  they arrive at the small dog park. Just like Ray predicted, no one was around. He sat down on a metal bench, cursing at how cold it was, and removed the leash from Toby's collar so he could run around. Ray pulled out a small ball and the husky immediately started to jump around.

"Sit or I won't throw it, " Ray teased his dog, who did what he was told. "Good boy," and he threw it. This went on for several minutes. Throw, catch, return and repeat.

Who needs a girlfriend when you can have this?

Ray thought to himself. At least his dog doesn't go around spreading rumors. Unless he actually did? Ray did not speak dog and  he wondered what Toby would bark at other dogs. Probably telling them about how awesome of an owner he was.

Toby was running around in circles a few feet away and Ray laughed at how ridiculous his dog looked. He loved his big fluff ball.
Just then, Toby's ears perked up and the husky ran off across the park.

"What the- Toby come back here!" Ray got off the cold bench and sprinted after his dog. He turned a sharp corner to follow Toby the Olympic runner and Ray ran right smack into a tree.