Chapter 32

4 months later

"The Queen's in labour! The Queen's in labour!"

Everyone was running around madly, dashing in and out of rooms carrying towels and bowels of water, different plants and medicines to Jonah who was in labour. Dune, followed by doctors and nurses were running down the halls of the palace ready to perform his C-section. It was scheduled for a later date but Jonah had gone into labour early so everyone was in a panic but still very excited to meet the newly arriving Princess.

Jonah's POV

"Caspian!!" I cried squeezing his hand and trying to do the breathing exercises I was taught.

"Uhhh," Caspian stammered not knowing what to do. "Just try to relax." Caspian said offering his not so very helpful advice.

"It hurts too much to talk." I said quickly concentrating on breathing.

"Dune is coming Kitten, just breathe for me." Caspian smoothed down my hair and pressed a cold cloth to my flushed face. "It will be over soon an-and we'll have our baby girl in our arms."

"Yeah," I breathed. "Just keep telling me about her."

---

40 minutes later with blurry eyes and a nervous Caspian by my side I heard the first cries of our baby.

Wrapped in a towel and being cleaned by Dune, baby Merial lay in my arms. The feeling of completeness and the most joyful, warming feeling I have ever experienced swarmed me when I stared at my child. Her big blue eyes looked back up at me as she wriggled and let out needy cries. Caspian reached down and cupped the back of her head as she looked towards her Father. I didn't move to wipe the tears of happiness that rolled down my face as I watched our darling girl. Her small body was warm in my arms as I rocked her very gently feeling that this was the right thing to do.

"Can I hold her?" Caspian asked softly stoking his thumb across her soft cheek.

"Of course, Casp." He took the warm bundle from me and lay back against the pillows. "Well done Kitten, I'm so proud of you."

"Well we created her together." I smiled utterly exhausted.

"I can't believe we have her here, it doesn't seem real. She's so perfect." We watched our baby now sleeping softy. She had the softest skin to touch and the cutest little lips. As much as I wanted to stay awake with my husband and new born baby, I was so tired. I lay my head against Caspian and put an arm round tiny Merial who was still in Caspian's arms letting my eyes close.

"Sleep Jojo, you must be exhausted. I'll be here when you wake up, I love you."

"I love you." I replied falling asleep in a second. I don't think I have ever been that tired before, or been in that much pain but it was all worth it. I would do it a million times more just to have our baby.

The next time I woke up Dune was in the room talking to Caspian who still held Merial but she was dressed in a baby grow now and wrapped in a soft peach coloured blanket.

"Caspian," I said earning his attention. "Can I hold her?

Caspian helped me sit up and Merial was placed in my arms asleep.

"How are you feeling?" Caspian asked kissing the corner of my mouth before I turned to give him a real kiss.

"The happiest ever. I still can't believe we have her here." I laughed softly stroking my thumb along the small tufts of dark hair she had. "But my body feels sore."

"Dune's working on that now." Caspian said as Dune worked on my lower half and took away most of the pain. "She's all ours to care for, Jojo. The start of our family." He said nuzzling my hair.