Chapter 20

Bennett still hasn't woken up.

Everyone's sad, Leo won't talk and I'm stuck in the middle.

Caspian keeps arguing with Leo about what's best for Bennett, but none of us are allowed near him. Possessive mermen are scary if you do something they don't like.

My back has healed thankfully but I wish I could say the same for Bennett.

Leo has been playing with the crystal and trying to communicate with the Kingdom and send help and more underwater ability potions so we can carry on the journey. Apparently it isn't that far now which is relieving to hear.

In the few days of being in the cove, I've been able to explore it, and if you go closer to the entrance you can hear the rushing water outside. The door is a thick curtain of seaweed and kelp which blocks out any light or sound other than the water. I always want to stick my head out and see what's out there but every time I even think about it Caspian tells me no and takes me to another part of the cove. He says we're deep, deep underwater and I shouldn't go out because I don't know what's there waiting, plus I'll drown basically. I'm sick of being stuck in here and I want to explore.

This is my first glimpse of what I'm getting myself into living in the sea and I'm starting to regret it. If we hadn't of come down here in the first place then Bennett would still be okay.

"Jojo?"

"Yeah?" I answer snapping out of my thoughts.

"The guardians brought food." Caspian says holding out a hand for me, still completely naked.

The guardians of this cove have been so nice to us. They're fascinating as well and I always look forward to when they will reappear. Caspian says it is their job and what they are born for but I'm still extra thankful. They look like small, blue balls of light. They have no faces or arms or legs but it doesn't make them scary. They sort of float around in the air and bring offerings of food, or new medical plants to help us. Then once they are done, they disappear.

"Hello Prince," The two of them say in union. "How are you feeling?" They ask once I walk into another room in the cove.

This one is lighter and has a high celling full of purple crystals, probably amethysts. There are a few large rocks that act as makeshift chairs and tables that we sit on to eat.

"I'm a lot better thank you, I-I just wish Bennett was." I say sadly.

"He will be soon Prince, have faith."

I nodded and Caspian squeezed my thigh comfortingly. We were severed fish and what I suppose was seaweed that actually tasted alright. I don't usually eat seafood but if I'm to be living in their world now then I probably can't afford to be picky.

The guardians disappeared and we ate in silence. Leo looked awful. Deep bags under his always sad, deep blue eyes and he is always frowning.

"So, Jonah," Leo pulled out the crystal from under the table and looked straight at me. Oh no, he's going to bring it up...

"I think you need to tell us what happened the night we were attacked." He stated bluntly.

"Get it away from Jonah." Caspian commanded with a dangerous tone to his voice.

He pushed out his hand and sent the crystal sliding across the room.

"We need to know Caspian! The element is air and it can't do what Jonah did." Leo argued angrily, balling up his hands into fists.

"I don't care Leo. Jonah protected us and we are NOT talking about this here."

"He's different and could be a danger to the Kingdom."