Chapter 13

"Minds are a dangerous places, even I don't know what to expect." Confidence's voice lowered and began to shake slightly, completely the opposite of confidence.

"Why do we get going? I can't be that bad down there." KF tried to erasure the saddened girl.

"Yeah, ok. Follow me." They were getting closer to the edge of the forest of knowledge, the tried started to look spindly, twisted and lifeless. "This is the knowledge she's forgotten, all the information that just fades away. The entrance is just beyond these trees." Confidence spoke, her voice still shaking.

"Are you ok?" Artemis asked the girl leading them. "You seemed spooked."

"I'm fine, honest." They got to the edge of the forest, Confidence stopped and turned towards the team, they were at the edge of a cliff. "Once we go down there don't touch anything unless I tell you to, understand?" All of them nodded, yet a few of them were hesitant.

They started heading down the cliff were there was a small pathway, doors of all colours and sizes lined the cliff face. Below their feet if they looked down were just empty darkness.

"Hey C," this caught their guides attention, "what's down there?" Robin asked nodding his head towards the darkness.

"I don't know. Nobody knows really, they last person that fell down there never came back." She stated looking glum.

The team took their interest off the darkness and towards the doors lining the cliff face. The one they were currently passing was painted green with black swirls and flicks on it, the paint was chipping off. 'Would one tiny peak hurt?' Miss M asked herself. She was at the end of the single file line so no one would notice if she opened a door. Curiosity got the best of her, she'd never been in this kind of mind before, well never this deep in a mind. She had to know.

She slowly opened the door and took a peak inside. The inside of the room looked like a rotting prison cell, bars were near the far back of the room, objects littered the wall. Broken mirrors, pictures of a school, of wholesome family's smiling, homework papers with high marks, degrees in certain profession she couldn't make out. She looked to the back of the room, behind the bars and two bright green eyes were staring at her through the darkness of the room. The green eyes moved closer towards the bars. Through the darkness appeared a young girl wearing a mucky green dress hoodie which had holes in it, black messy hair that looked greasy and untamed and her bright green eyes were unforgiving.

The door suddenly closed on her. "What did I say about touching?" Confidence didn't look angry, she looked more disappointed.

"I'm sorry, I was just curious, I've never been this deep in a mind before." Confidence gave her a sympathetic look, "who was that?"

"That was Jealousy. She's never been released from there." Confidence explained. "She doesn't get jealous, she's thankful for what she has and wouldn't want her life any other way. Since Miss M here got curious I suspect all of you are curious, how about I grant you entrance to one room each, Miss M has had her room." All of them nodded accepting the offer.