Chapter 2

A few days later and Meg has learnt how to put on a front of smiles and happiness. While when she gets home to the privacy of her own room, that front slips away and turns into sadness and tears.

It's morning, but not just any morning, the first day of school morning! Meg was reluctant to get up, to say the least. She was sleeping through her alarm. There was a knock at her door.

"Meg, Alfred told he to come make sure you're up." Dick entered the room of the still sleeping girl. He couldn't help but chuckle at the sight, he had to take a picture. The covers were up to her neck, she was face planting the pillow, her arms wear spread out to the side and her hair was a complete birds nest.

Dick climbed on to the bed and crawled over to the side she was sleeping on. He started shaking her. "Meg, Meg wake up," it didn't seem to be working so he took it up a notch, "MEG!" She shot awake.

"I'm awake, I'm awake, I've been up for ages!" Meg called out, falling off the bed with a thump.

"Course you have." Dick replied lying on his stomach on the bed, chuckling slightly down to Her. She was sitting on her knees, an oversized shirt as her night wear, it was too baggy and the sleeves were too long, she used the sleeves to wiped the sleep from her eyes, then looked up the Dick with her bight pale blue eyes. "Come on you need to get ready." Dick exclaimed, taking both of her hands and leading her towards the bathrooms. "Your clothes are already in there, get a shower and get ready."

She walked into the bathroom, the shower was already turned on and warming up. She locked the door, undressed and hopped in the shower. She tied her hair up in a messy bun to keep it from getting wet. When she was done ten minutes and nice smooth legs later. She got dressed in her new uniform, a long sleeve shirt which she rolled the sleeves up, a no sleeve black jumper, a short red tie, a pleated black skirt and knee high white socks.

She felt weird, an tingly feeling spread through her, she didn't take any notice of it, she went to go grab her bag from her room then downstairs to get some breakfast. She paid no mind as she walked into the kitchen and nobody noticed her. She opened the fridge, got the milk out and poured herself a glass. She then sat down next the Dick and that weird feeling was gone.

"Woah!" Dick shouted jumping from his chair and landing on his but, "where did you come from?!" He asked almost shocked and pointing an accusing finger at her.

"Well, when a mummy and a daddy love each other very much..." She didn't get to finish as dick interrupted, but she swore she saw a slight smile on Bruce and Alfred's faces.

"No. No, that not what I meant, I learn enough about that in biology. I meant when did you get here?" She looked at him confused.

"I got here five minutes ago. Nobody seemed to notice me though. Eh I must be a secret ninja." She took a sip of her milk and took a tablet out from her pocket, taking the tablet with her milk. "Right I'm ready to go." She spoke standing up and heading towards her shoes, that were brown leather ones, with a small heel to make her seem a little taller.

"But you haven't eaten anything." Bruce said quite concerned for the young girl.

"Don't worry, Bruce. If I eat in the morning I feel sick, plus I'm not that hungry." She didn't notice the concerned glanced Bruce and Alfred shared as she walked away to a mirror to do her hair.

Meg put her hair up in a high ponytail that cascaded down her back like a waterfall, she then put some earrings in, a pair of stud earring with a Celtic design, reminding her of her mother. She was already wearing her necklace that her parents got her, a simple rope that can be tightened and loosened with a Druid symbol pendent.

"Ready to go?" Alfred appeared behind her with a smile on his face.

She turned around and hugged him by the waist, "ready as I'll ever be, grandad." Her voice held a happy tone that showed through a smile on her face.

"You're not wearing any make up?" Dick asked smiling at her, "most girls at Gotham academy wear make up."

"We'll count me as one of the girls that don't. I don't like wearing make up too often, it makes my face deal mucky." The three males laughed lightly at this.

She grabbed her bag and bounced out the door. "Are you coming or what?" Alfred was driving, Dick sat in the back next to Meg and considering Bruce didn't have an important meeting to attend to he joined the two thirteen year olds in the back.

"Richard," Bruce spoke catching Dick's attention, he hummed in response, "you'll look after Meg today, right?" Dick nodded a gleeful smile spread on his face, "she's in the same classes as you." Dick's happy expression turned into a shocked on.

"Even advanced maths?" He turned to Meg, she nodded slowly, "I thought you said you weren't that good at maths!"

"Well. I lied." She replied in a playful tone.

"That's it you're definitely joining the mathletes!" He playfully looked hurt which caused her to laugh.

"Alright, alright fine, I'll join the mathletes." They arrived at their destination. Meg lent through to the front seat and kissed her grandad on the cheek. "Bye grandad, see you tonight. See you later Bruce." She got out the car not waiting for Alfred to get out and open the door for her. She hooked her arm around Dicks and dragged him out the car.

"Alright let's go get your timetable." Dick announced leading her towards the building this time dragging her.

"Today's gonna be astrous!" Meg practically yelled towards herself and Dick.

They got to the main office and got her timetable, which happened to be identical to Dick's. She was examining her and Dick's together when she noticed something different.

"What's wrong?" Dick asked looking at her slightly confused face. She pointed to the timetable where there was the slight difference. "Oh that's for a chosen subject, Bruce and I thought about the subjects you like and thought you would like that one best." At this she smiled, nobody had ever took her though into consideration before.

"Thanks Dickie." She looked at his timetable again, were he had economics she had art. Her favourite subject, that one she wasn't allowed to take back in England because her parents had different plans for her.

"No problem Meggie." She leant her head against his shoulder, even with the shoes she was wearing he was still a few inches taller than her, and he leant his head on top of hers. "Alright first we have history, which is this way." He suddenly sprung into action, taking her hand and pulling her, like a balloon on a sting, to the first lesson.