Chapter 16 - Revenge

*Faervel's Point of View*

I don't remember when I starting regaining consciousness. All I know is that one moment I was blissfully asleep, and the other I was trapped in a nightmare.

It was the same as all the others. A corridor, a door, some goblins and Sauron. Sometimes, the dream controlled every emotion and thought in my head and I was turned into a wailing, sobbing mess, something I hated. But other times, I was left to run through my nightmare like an old movie, knowing exactly what would happen next and what I had to do to wake up. Just like now.

And that's how I found myself with my back to Sauron in the cold little room, eyes closed and willing myself to wake.

I took a deep breath, letting my nerves evaporate, and opened my tightly shut eyes. I was welcomed by a sea of whiteness.

I frowned. This wasn't right. I was supposed to be awake now, back to whatever I was doing before I fell asleep. But quite honestly, I don't remember falling asleep. How odd.

That was when the stabbing pain reached me through my blanket of nothingness. It was as if someone had stuck a burning needle straight into my stomach and leg, and I felt bruised all over. That was definitely odd.

I closed my eyes again and tried to reopen them, but they seemed glued shut. My body wouldn't move, my legs and arms stuck to my sides, and my hair was itching my neck horribly. I felt sweaty and ill, as if I had a fever, but I was terribly cold.

Through the blackness of my eyelids came a sliver of light. Not the white nothingness of before, but a light like sunlight. The sliver turned to a crack and the crack to a rift until my eyes finally opened wide to the conscious world.

I blinked to wipe away the sleep and my heart started thumping at my unknown location. There was a golden light coming through the airy window to my left, and the room was made all from wood. I was laying on a bed with crisp sheets in a white simple dress with ties at the back. My skin was flushed and red and my toes were freezing.

In my momentary haze of confusing, I panicked. Where was I and where was the Fellowship? Where was Legolas.

Legolas.

The memories came back to me in a avalanche of pain and worry. The mines and the troll and Legolas so close to death. From there it got hazy, but the pain emanating from my torso and leg told me I had at least saved Legolas for a little while longer. But what if I hadn't saved his life? What if he was dead down in the mines, along with everyone else?

I sat up in a frenzy. My breathing was quick and sharp and painful but I had to know if they were safe. I moved my legs off the bed and tried to stand but was greeted by a torrent of pain so acute that I yelled out.

That was when Legolas dashed through the door, worry etched on his face. I could barely breathe.

He's okay.

I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and even though I felt as though my body was on fire, I smiled a smile so big it could have ripped my cheeks.

"Faervel, you're awake." Legolas stated, slightly awkwardly. He still stood at the door, looking part relieved, part ecstatic, part scared. He seemed to be thinking terribly hard, looking like he wanted to rush forwards but was holding himself back.

I stood, this time more confidently. It hurt and brought tears to my eyes, but all I needed was a few steps.

"No, Faervel, stay there! You'll hurt yourself!" Legolas urged, moving forwards a step, but I ignored him happily. I took another step closer to the uncertain Legolas. Looking at him, safe healthy and well made my heart swell and I forgot about everything else. The vision, the task, everything. Just Legolas.