Chapter 2:The Cheque (Edited)

Bird shifters^^^
We all sat on the couch waiting for death.... Nah I'm just kidding but David sure did look ready to kill Sydney when she kept blowing bubbles of gum up and having them pop while he was talking. He looks towards Debra still having that disbelieving look on his face "I still can't believe they're from a family of shifters and we didn't know?!" He says it likes it's the most incredulous idea ever imagined.

She nods looking a bit forlorn "I know sweetie, I feel the same, but the fact that I don't have to deal with all the guilt of keeping something like this from the kids is the most relieving thing I've heard in years."

"Okay does anybody else want to know what they're talking about?!" Alex questions finally in the world of reality, Sydney nods immediately and then looks longingly at the phone on the table, as it keeps buzzing repeatedly as she gets notifications and messages.

David clears his throat to gather our attention "This letter-" he holds it up "-though it seems fake, is 100% real. There really are people who can shift into different creatures and animals. For example, I shift into a Snow Leopard and Debra shifts into a Cheetah. We know this is a lot to take in and probably the most insane idea you've ever heard of but it is all true. You guys have been invited to the most prestigious shifter school in all of the shifter realm, because one of their teachers came up with a substance that makes the shift painless and quick." He takes a breath when I interrupt curious about this teacher who invented a substance that numbs and speeds up the bodies gene evolution process.

"So is it just for that, or can it be used for other things? What's it called? What does it look like? When was it invented? Who invented it? What's in it-" David's death glare quickly makes me shut my trap and cringe back into my seat, when he sees that though his gaze immediately softens.

"I'm not sure about any of those questions, but I'm sure your teachers will know." He says softly, then he turns serious "Now you guys will need a number of things and not only that but we need to go to the bank and get you credit rocks" he says firmly, Sydney looks at him confused.

"Don't you mean credit cards?!" She says as if he had made the most obvious mistake in the world. Debra burst into laughter, cackling like a hyena.

"God no, those are of human creation and are worthless in the shifter realm. It's a credit rock, they are registered to you and only you. It's impossible to take money off them unless the owner allows it. We don't have much human money that we could trade in at the shifter bank for traccas but it's enough to get you what you need." She says still a breathing a bit heavy from her laughing.

"Just out of curiosity how much is one Canadian dollar to one tracca?" I question, wanting to knew if I can help at all.

"It's a five dollar difference the tracca is worth less than the Canadian dollar so you have whatever amount in Canadian and then times it by five and you get the amount of traccas you will receive" I jump up quickly ignoring their calls, I run to my room and go into my secret compartment on my bed and take out the check I got from my dart and serum from that military company.

I return downstairs happy and give Debra the cheque, "I hope this will help" I say as I sit down smiling happily at her shocked face.

"What how much is it?!" David asks frantically, she shows him the cheque and his face goes from worried to awe in a split second and then he looks towards me. "What, but how?!" He exclaims, I giggle a bit but look down at my lap shyly.

"You know there was a reason I was called a nerd in school. I made a dart that has a self targeting system and a serum that puts some one to sleep in less than ten seconds and if you don't give them some milk to counteract the effects, they will be out for twenty-four hours" I say still looking at my lap shyly, "It also has a self defense mechanism, if you try to put anything other than my serum in the dart it will spring out the hooks that latch onto the gun when it's fired so you ruin your gun in the process because ten seconds later it blows up with a anti-poison gas to eliminate any type of deadly threat." I say softly and hear no sound in response I look up from my lap and see them all gaping at me.

"Holy crap sis, that's bad ass! How much did you get and who bought it?" Alex exclaims

I laugh and answer "It was hunters inc. and they bought it for one million" I say and hear his gasp.

"No way! The most popular and successful hunting and gun store but your darts and for one million no less. Wait till my friends hear about this!" He exclaims and looks absolutely delighted about this fact.

Debra looks over at me her mouth still agape "Sweetie this will give you over 5 million traccas. You'll be rich!" She exclaims, I look at her with the biggest smile on my face.

"Looks like we're all rich than because I'm giving one million to each of my siblings and than you both get five hundred thousand and don't have to give us any money as well. I promise as soon as I sell or invent more things I'll give you both five hundred thousand more" I smile at them and they smile too until they make choking sounds near the end.

"Oh my goddess, you will not! We will not take your money but I do appreciate you giving some to your siblings as we could probably only give you one hundred traccas each." David says to me with narrowed eyes, I sigh and nod knowing I won't win this battle but that doesn't mean I won't get them super expensive presents for all the holidays than.

"Alright you guys get a good nights sleep and pack everything you'll need. Sorry Alex and Sydney but phones and other electronics aren't allowed apart from laptops. Unfortunately your sister got the better end of the deal because weapons are allowed because you all will be trained in at least three weapons" Debra states firmly and they both let out whines of disapproval while I laugh at them and gain a glare from David but I can tell he's having a hard time holding his chuckles in as well.

I go to sleep that night, confident that tomorrow will be even better than today, and a smile on my face.

Shifter Academy: Book One Of The Shifter Academy SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara