{2} Steve Rogers

You had joined the Avengers about a year ago. They were skeptical of you at first, but soon started warming up to you. After a while, you and Steve had started to fall for each other. Now, you were completely in love with each other.

You came into the main room of Stark Towers, where you found the entire team. "Hey guys," you said. "Good morning," they all replied. You walked over to Steve and planted a quick kiss on his lips before sitting down on the couch. "What are we doing today?" you asked.

"We are still waiting for Director Fury to give us a mission," Natasha said. You nodded your head, and as if on cue, the phone started ringing. Tony picked it up and turned the caller into a hologram in the center of the room. It was Nick Fury.

"Are all of you there?" Nick asked. Tony made a quick count and said, "I believe so, why?" "Y/N, I need you to come to the helicarrier right away," Nick said. You straightened a little as everyone's eyes fell on you. "Just me, sir?" you asked.

"Yes, no other avenger will be allowed," Nick replied, before hanging up. You looked at your fellow avengers and then stood up. 'Well, I guess I got to go," you told them. Steve stood up too and said, "Y/N, don't you think it is a little suspicious that Nick only wants you to go?"

You gave him a soft smile before placing another quick kiss on his lips. "I trust Nick, you should too. I'll be fine, okay? I'll see you soon," you told Steve, and with that, you left. When you got to the helicarrier, Nick was waiting for you and immediately took you into a isolated room.

"Was is it?" you asked. "We have another mission, but we can only sneak one person in. You aren't known to be one of the Avengers to the rest of the world yet, and we need to keep our cover. We need you to do this mission," Nick explained. "Well, what's the mission?" you asked.

"There is a team of Hydra agents a few miles from here. I need you to take them out. In the middle of there base there is some explosives. Light them and then get out of there and we will be there to pick you up," Nick explained.

You nodded your head and asked, "When do I leave?" "Now," Nick replied. You immediately got into your suit, and left. You got inside the base okay, but when you reached the center of the base, there were about five guards.

You took them out, but you didn't see the sixth guard who was there. He shot you in your leg, and you fell. You tried to stand back up again, but the guard shot you in your stomach. This time you were down, and you weren't getting back up.

You felt the guard pick you up and take you to his boss. There, the Hydra agent beat you to try and get information about SHIELD out of you, but you wouldn't talk. You had lost hope when you heard a door bust open. You looked at the door, and faintly made out three shapes fighting the Hydra agents in the room.

You felt yourself drifting off, when Steve came into your vision. "Steve?" you asked. "Y/N," he said almost in tears. He picked you up and took you outside to the helicarrier.

The rest of the Avengers soon joined you, and you looked out of the helicarrier just in time to see the entire Hydra base being blown up. Your eyes suddenly felt heavy and you closed them, despite Steve's and the rest of the Avengers' pleas to stay awake.

You woke up what felt like days after, and you saw the entire team there by your bedside. They were all asleep, and you felt kind of bad for them. You tried to sit up, but winced from the pain in your stomach.

The wince was loud enough to wake Steve up. He immediately looked over at you. His eyes widen as he asked, "Y/N?" You gave him a soft smile and he pulled you into a hug. Small pains came but they didn't matter, because you were in Steve's arms.

"I thought I lost you," Steve said. "What? I could never leave a guy like you," you told him. He smiled and gave you a sweet long kiss. You pulled away and smiled. "I love you Y/N," Steve said. "I love you more Steve," you replied.

He shook his head no and said, "That's not possible, and you know that I am going to help you get better, right?" You nodded your head and smirked, "You do realize that you are the only thing that will heal me." Steve smiled and hugged you again.

"I can't lose you Y/N, I won't," he said. You only hugged him tighter and said, "You won't lose me, as long as I never lose you." Steve smiled and said, "I won't ever leave you, I promise. I have no reason to."