Chapter Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

"I think Bristol might be your teacher this year. She's gonna try to get that job because the other one retired. If not I bet you get to see her a lot too since she works there."

She gasps, "Really? That would be so fun! Bristle is very smart and I love her so much, Momma!"

"I know, baby. So hopefully she gets that job!" I say.

"I hope so too." Willow says astonished sounding.

I smile and kiss her cheek, "Aw, Willow. I love you so much." I say hugging her. She hugs me back and I hold her there for a long time.

"I love you too. You're the best Mommy I could ever have." She tells me softly and squeezes me tight. I squeeze her back.

"Thank you and you're the best daughter I could ever have." I tell her and she smiles.

"Thanks."

"I know you're only five but you don't know how happy you make me, Willow. You and Daddy." I tell her.

"You and Daddy make me happy too." Willow says.

"And you make Daddy happy too." I tell her.

"And so do you." She says smiling.

I smile back at her and kiss her forehead.

"When is Daddy coming home?"

"In a minute." I say.

"You always say that." Willow giggles.

I laugh, "I don't know. Soon."

"You're silly, Momma." She laughs and pokes my nose.

I poke hers back, "So are you."

"Nuh-uh!" She says shaking her head.

I laugh and poke her belly, "Yes-huh." I say to her and she squeals as I tickle her and she tries tickling me back and I can't contain my laughter.

She's not really even tickling me like Peeta does but I hate being tickled so when she even acts like it, I freak out.

"No!" I giggle and try to get her to stop but she doesn't.

She's laughing hysterically and smiling the most beautiful smile.

"Mommy! You're so cute when you laugh!" Willow giggles and stops tickling me.

I chuckle, "Thank you, baby. So are you." I say smiling.

Peeta walks in a few minutes later and I look at Willow.

"Told you." I say.

She shakes her head at me and laughs.

"Told her what?" Peeta asks.

"Told her that you'd be home soon." I say.

He leans down and kisses the top of my head and then hers and comes around and sits down on the couch next to us.

"What have you been up to today?" He asks Willow.

She crawls over into his lap but takes my hand in hers, "Me and Momma were tickling each other!" Willow says.

Peeta laughs, "You were? Did you make Mommy laugh?"

"Yep! She looks so cute when she laughs too, Daddy." Willow exaggerates.

"I know, she does. Doesn't she?"

"Yep." Willow says. 

"And we talked about school."