Badr:

I waited until Laila was inside her room, her door shut firmly behind her, before turning back to Yassin. I'd just told him everything about the poison.
"That explains everything" Yassin said, his eyes looking into space as if he could see something there, "she just got so much weaker over the past few weeks- it must have been poison all along"
"And we never guessed" I muttered angrily, "I can't believe I was so careless"
"Stop it Badr" Yassin replied sharply, "You aren't some kind of god- you can't know everything"
"Fever after fever!" I almost shouted, "She even fainted for goodness sake! How could we not pick up on that?"
"Are we going to tell Amu Faris?" Yassin said, looking slightly terrified.
I shook my head in defeat. I didn't know the answer to that...to tell him or not? I didn't know. Was there any point in dropping another bundle of bad news on his head? Ruba was already in coma- he was probably barely holding himself together.
"No" I answered slowly, "Maybe we can fix this before anything bad happens"
"What are we going to do?" he whispered, his eyes giving away the panic inside him.
"I'm going to get-" my phone rang then and I picked it up, glad it was Doctor Raguveran.
"Badr?" the doctor asked through the line, his voice strangely raspy. I nodded, then realized he couldn't see that, "Yes doc? Did you find it?"
"I did actually" he replied, his voice still raspy, "Could you meet me at my house with the girl? I have the antidote. We should probably give it to her soon as possible-"
"That's fucking amazing doctor!" I grinned at Yassin, happiness bubbling inside me, a surge of relief that brought warmth to every corner of my soul.
"Badr- come alone with her" Doctor Raguveran said flatly, and just as suddenly as it had appeared my smile faded and was replaced with a frown of suspicion. For some reason that rubbed me in the wrong way, the last part, and the fact that he was not going to come to my place instead- he had always done so. The minute the word "alone" was mentioned, I had trust issues.
"I'll be there in an hour" I told him curtly and cut the line as I turned to Yassin.
"He's got it?" he asked excitedly. I nodded in affirmation.
"That's great bro- what'd he say?"
"He told me to bring Laila to his house in a bit- he's going to give it to her"
"Better make sure she isn't asleep then" Yassin jerked his chin in her direction.
"I'm going alone" I decided, something inside me cautioning me from taking Laila out of the house, "I'll bring him here"
"But he said-"
"It doesn't matter" I cut Yassin off, "I do things my way, not anyone elses"
"Except hers" Yassin motioned in the upstairs direction with a grin.
I rolled my eyes but didn't deny it.

For the next half an hour Yassin and I discussed various plans, if anything went wrong. I was suspicious of the doctor all of a sudden, and something told me things were not so simple. That meant we needed to prepare for any possible scenario.
"Right, you call up Bilal and tell him everything-" I told Yassin as we both went to my room so I could grab my jacket and weapons, "-and make sure Baba stays in Evantide until it's over- I won't take any chances. I'll take Jax with me and you-"
"-alert security" Yassin finished, bouncing up on the balls of his feet. I nodded and opened up my weapons case, wondering what I'd need. As usual I pulled out my revolver and small dart gun that could come in handy. There were small explosives that could come in handy...
"Badr you're not going to war" Yassin joked, tossing a gas canister in the air and catching it.
"I don't want to take any chances"
"I know" he sobered up, "just make sure you don't go reckless"
"I won't"
"No seriously" he looked me in the eye, his green eyes almost black,"You better not do anything stupid"
I laughed despite myself, "I didn't know that was possible"
He didn't find it funny though I sighed... Classic Yassin, going all emotional.
"Look" I assured him, "I'm not going to let Laila die- for that I have to make it right?"
"You've got it bad bro"
"Maybe"

Once I'd changed into my gear which was nothing as it usually was- just a pair of black pants, black shirt and jacket as well as leather shoes which were molded into the right lightweight style for quick soundless running. After making sure everything was in place I jogged downstairs with my duffel bag over my shoulder, Yassin waiting for me by the door. He was still dressed in his tuxedo, and looked pretty sharp and smart if not for the fact that I knew that look on his face was one of nervousness.
"Ready?" He asked, looking up at the sound of my feet.
I nodded,"You talked to Andre about security?" Yassin nodded so I pressed on, "You know what to do right? I'll talk to Bilal and you-?"
"I'll..." Yassin took a deep breath as he contemplated the second half of our current plan, visibly solidifying himself from the inside, "I'll call Doctor Taufeeq"