Chapter 19 (Ethan)

It had been a few days since the surgery and Ethan was feeling a lot better. Better enough to be summoned to his father's study, in which he now sat, leaning back in his chair and gazing out the window. It was kind of hard to keep that up since nothing had changes outside since the last hundred times he's been in here, but seeing as his dad's guards were stationed inside the room it was the only comfortable thing to do.

Finally the door flew open and Lucian Evendale strode in, accompanied by a stunning woman. She was dressed in a red knee length dress which hugged her figure and wore several inch high golden stillettos. Her skin was fair and her hair the color of honey just like Ellie's, glossy and curling down her back like soft flames. Her eyes were covered with intense makeup and her lips painted crimson. There was no doubt about it, she was probably eligible for Ms Universe.
"Meet my son," Lucian was saying to her, "Ethan. Ethan, this is someone very special for us"
"Hello" he said quietly, "nice to meet you-?"
But she just shook his hand with a smile and did not give her name.
"Sol, vial please"
One of the men presented a small metal container, which his father opened with his eyes flickering over to Ethan. He winked.

Ethan's stomach churned as the box opened with a small hiss and Lucian pulled out a small vial with clear liquid inside it.

"Do you know what this is?" He asked Ethan and the woman, looking between them for an answer. He shook his head, but she spoke up: "Poison, which kind I do not know"
"Precisely" Lucian twirled the vial in between his fingers, "I won't disclose the name. But this is a very special poison, do you know why?"
The two of them stared at him.

"The effects of this poison will occur over a span of months. It will begin very slowly, small symptoms, fainting and all that. Then it will escalate and escalate and finally at the last day, which is written right here, the victim will fall into coma and die. There are two beauties to this thing. The first is that it is undetectable until around five weeks before death. The second is that it the antidote for it is with me and me alone in this city. And you may be wondering who this is for?"
The girl was silent but this time Ethan knew the answer, his heart beating wry fast, venom coursing through him.

"Badr Abdul Qadir"