"Hey kiddo." I said to him.

"Hi!" He said smiling.  The black empty space at the end of his smile caught my attention.

"Did you lose a tooth?!" I asked him.

His smile got bigger and he started to laugh.

"I lost it last night before bed." He said all proud of himself.

"Wow!  That's great!" I told him.  "Did the Tooth Fairy pass by yet?" I asked him.

He gave me a disappointed look.  "The Tooth Fairy doesn't exist." He stated.

"What?!  Since when?" I asked confused.  When the heck did this happen?

"Since A.J. told me.  I showed him my tooth yesterday and told him I was going to put it under my pillow and wait for the Tooth Fairy to give me my money.  He said mom was the Tooth Fairy.  Is that true?" He asked me with a concern look on his face.

I wasn't sure how to answer that.

"What did mom say?" I asked him.

"She said she was the Tooth Fairy in our family… and then dad got angry at A.J." He answered.

"Ah... Okay.  Well let's go in." I said to him, hoping to dodge the next set of questions.

I got out of the car and grabbed my purse.  We started to walk towards the front door when he asked, "Did you know?"

"Um..." I stalled.  "Well..."

"What?  Are you going to tell me that there is no Easter Bunny and no Santa Clause?" He asked me.

I stopped walking and looked at him.  He looked really concerned, almost panicked and I was the last person on Earth who wanted to answer those questions.

"Why don't you ask mom or dad?  I really have to pee or else I'll pee in my pants and I don't want that." I told him, lying through my teeth.

I quickly walked the rest of the way to the door and opened it.  I left it open for Felix and walked towards the bathroom.