Thanksgiving- Ethan&Will/Rio&Ezra

Start from the beginning

Rio and Ezra trailed after us. Will threw me into a chair and sat down next to me, crossing his arm and looking like he'd rather be shoved up a cow's nose than sitting next to me.

"I can already hear the wedding bells," Rio said.

"I can already hear Ezra screaming out my name in bed," I said.

"Ezra is an innocent little virgin and if anyone is going to steal that title from him, it's going to be me," Rio said, putting his arms around Ezra's waist and kissing at his neck.

"Ezra would like it if no one took Ezra's virginity right now," Ezra said, laughing. "Ezra just wants to eat thanksgiving food."

The two of them sat down across from us. I reached out and began to toss some olives into my mouth.

Will leaned closer to me so that only I could hear him. "You look cute."

"I always look cute," I said.

"Don't push it." He took my hand under the table.

My parents and Rio's parents came out carrying food. Then took a few trips bringing it all out before sitting down.

"Why do some of the dishes have red tape on them?" Ezra asked in confusion.

"Because Ethan is an idiot with a deadly nut allergy," Rio said.

"We had one almost disastrous thanksgiving and we learned fast," mom said, frowning at me.

"Let's say our thanks so we can eat," dad said. We all reached out, holding hands and bowing our heads a little.

"I'm thankful Ethan has made such great friends," mom said.

"I'm thankful Ethan's really happy," dad said, smiling at me.

"I'm thankful Rio has Ezra," Aunt Jill said happily.

"I'm thankful for family. All of us. I wish...I wish Hank was here," Uncle Andy said, a shaky smile on his face. Hank was my cousin who had developed a pretty bad drug addiction and was currently in rehab.

"I'm thankful that Ezra is so damn attractive," Rio said, lightening the mood.

Ezra laughed. "I'm thankful you all invited me here today! And for Rio, of course."

"I'm thankful I somehow managed to get attractive friends and an even more attractive boyfriend," I said.

"I'm thankful Ethan forced himself into my life and saved me from failing out of college," Will said.

"Now we can dig in!" mom said.

We passed food around, talking as we loaded our plates and began to eat. Will leaned over towards me again.

"Hey, I mean it. You saved my future. And you gave me a new part to my future. I want to make films and come home from work and crawl into bed with you," he said. "Just lay with you and hear you make perverted comments about how you want to do more than just lay together. That's what I want in my future."

"You helped me deal with my issues," I said, kissing his cheek. "I love you, asshole."

"Look at them being cute. Why aren't we cute? Ezra, be cute," Rio said, whacking Ezra in the arm.

Ezra rubbed his arm and laughed. "You want the truth? I'm super thankful you got me out of my house today. My mom was binging on her wine before I even woke up. She and my dad were fighting every five seconds over getting dinner ready. I would've gone crazy staying there." Ezra smiled at Rio, but I could tell that he was putting his home life very lightly right now.

"Ezra Carelli!" Aunt Jill said, giving him a stern look. "Hat off at the table!"

"Oh, I'm sorry Mrs. Snyder! I forgot I was wearing it," he said, reaching up and pulling off the purple beanie he was wearing. He dropped it into his lap and Aunt Jill smiled approvingly.

Rio was smiling softly at his mom. He met my eyes and blushed a little, shrugging. I could tell we were thinking the same thing. Ezra came from broken parents, so Rio's parents were a good stability in his life.

"Hey, Will," I said, leaning against him.

"Hm?" He swallowed down the food he was eating and looked at me curiously.

"Thanks for coming," I said.

He put his arm around me, hugging me against himself. I looked around at my family, and Ezra and Will, a smile coming to my face. This was what it was all about. Spending time with the people you loved and made a part of your family. Appreciating them. I had so much to be thankful for this year (not including being left out in the rain) and I wanted to keep that in mind as I spent the rest of the night with these people that I loved.