The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 28

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for sharing Tanya, I'm glad that you're not going through any hard stuff," Jen says, and then looks over at Aimee. Her head was bowed, her hands clasped together. "Aimee, would you like to share?" Aimee jumped a little at being called on, looking at the circle of us as if we were a pack of wolves considering her as our next meal.

"There's not m-much t-to say." She stammered, her voice coming out as a weary croak, not her usual regal and calm tone.

"Please Aimee, remember what goes in The Pregnancy Club, stays in The Pregnancy Club." Jen assures.

"Okay . . . well, things haven't been going so great for me. On Christmas Day, I found out that my best friend was dating my ex-boyfriend, who had dumped me because I was pregnant," The group made sympathetic nods. Chastity patted Aimee's shoulder. "Well, a couple days ago, I found them making out in the janitors closet at my school, where she then told me that Josh was cheating on me with her the whole time we were dating. He never cared about me." Two tears began to trickle down her cheeks.

"Oh, honey!" Jen cried as she stood up and enveloped Aimee in a hug. "I'm so sorry that you have to go through that. Forget the girl, shes not worthy enough to be your friend. And anyway, you have us." Jen let go and gestured around the circle. "We will always support you? Right gang?"

"God, I hate those fake private school b*tches. No offense." Flame said. Aimee managed to smile.

"Totally, I know I haven't been very loyal keeping up with you guys, but I'm gonna' try harder to be here." Tanya said.

"Aimee, you know that I love you to death." Chastity smiles, giving Aimee a quick hug. Then everyone looked over at me. I felt embaressed, like my dad, I wasn't very good at announcing my feelings.

"Yeah, Aimee. We're here for you." I mumbled. Not the best thing to say, but everyone seemed satisfied.

"Alright, let's continue. Chastity?" Jen said, wiping her own emotional tears.

"Well, my social life isn't the best right now. As you know, I'm living with my boyfriend's Mom, because my parents kicked me out. At school things aren't to bright either, my best friend ditched me because everyone at my school thinks having sex before your married is sinful, even though half of them have done the same thing but the don't have the proof." Chastity's words were speeding up, getting sharper and sharper and shaper. "And in the morning I can't walk from one class to the other without being a called a whore or finding some childish, cruel note taped to my locker . . . and, and . . ." Chastity was panting, catching her breath after saying so many words in such a short period of time, until suddenly she burst into tears.

"Chastity! Good Lord, everyone's not doing as well as I thought." Jen exclaimed as she now went over to hug Chastity. Everyone gave sympathetic murmurs and give supportive thoughts. 

"Flame, good news?" Jen asked desperateley.

"Not exactly, there was something I didn't share with you guys, I don't know why, I guess I've just never been great at talking about my problems. You see, like Chastity, I was kicked out of my parents house, but this time I didn't have anyone to give me a home. So, for the past several months, I was homeless." Jen gasped. 

"Are you still living on the streets Flame? Oh God . . . I'm a terrible group leader . . . I should've found a way to get all of you to share more openly, this is all my fault." Jen began sobbing herself, shoulders shaking. Suddenly The Pregnancy Club girls and Jen switched, and suddenly we were the ones running over and comforting Jen.

"That's not true! You're wonderful!" Chastity cried as she squeezed Jen in a tight hug.

"Yeah, why else would we have stuck around?" Flame said, and Jen gave a little laugh.

"Without you, and the other girls, I probably wouldn't be able to cope by myself." Aimee said, her bloodshot eyes showing some happiness that I hadn't seen in a long time.

"Jen, don't think that you're awesome." I awkwardly patted her back.

"You've taught me so much, and I hope I can pass that on through my family." Tanya said.

"Okay, okay, let's stop with the support. It's starting to sound like an episode of Oprah." Jen said, and everyone laughed. "But joking aside, I'm going to try and be a better listener. I want all of you to feel like you can share anything with me."

"Sadie, anything you want to tell us?" Jen asked. I looked around the room, at the expectant face of the people who were easily able to talk about their problems with others. And then there was me, who's mother had left because of bad communication. Me, who had spent the past 14 years, had grown up learning to keep feelings to herself. Then again, the reason why I joined The Pregnancy Club was to learn to express myself. 

"Well, um. Honestly, I've never had much of a social life. Ben, the dad, had been my best and only friend for years. I thought it was easier to have guy friends, they don't overexaggerate things or get into catty fights. You guys are different, though," I interjected. "But ever since I told him, things got awkward, or I made them awkward. I got mad at him, and now when I look back at it I didn't have a reason to. I pushed him away on purpose, because, you see, he likes me . . . more than a friend. And . . . you know what? I do too. I love my best friend." I laughed. I had never said the words aloud, and saying them felt like speaking a different language, a good one. Then I remembered, I didn't want to learn this language. "The only problem is, love never works out. People go out with each other, everything's great, until one says something wrong or one cheats or one doesn't call back and suddenly they break up and nothing will ever be the same."

"Anything that inspired you to think this?" Jen pressed. She was trying to figure something out.

"No . . . yes. My mom left me and my dad when I was two years old, which is why I don't want to get together with Ben."

"Oh, Sadie. You have to learn to embrace your feelings. If the love you feel for Ben is strong enough none of the terrible things will happen, and if your friendship is strong enough, if you do end up breaking up, everything will go back to normal." I considered this. Would me and Ben stay together forever and end up getting married? Or would our entire relationship fall appart? Was it worth taking the risk?

Yes.

IM SO HAPPY WITH ALL THE SUPPORT I'VE BEEN GETTING, I REALLY WANT TO PLACE ON SOMETHING IN THE WATTY AWARDS!! PLEASE KEEP IT UP I LOVE U GUYS <333333