"I'll be home tomorrow around 5:00 am. I have to stay overnight in Miami. I expect you to be on your best behavior." She said shooting me a pointed look.

"Yes ma'am." I mumbled before hopping out of the car and untying my board. As I walked towards the shed my moms' voice stopped me.

"I love you Casper!" She shouted.

"Love you to mom."

After I put my board away I walked into the house a plan forming in my head.

"Courtney!!!" I yelled. She walked out of the kitchen a glass of water in her hand.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I need you to babysit tonight."

She sneered at me, "Yeah right, mom already told me you're on Carter duty tonight." I narrowed my eyes trying to look menacing, I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really, I bet mom would love to hear about how I caught you making out with a guy on the couch at midnight." I stated. This whole plan surrounded the hope that Courtney doesn't already know that mom knows.

"You wouldn't." She challenged narrowing her eyes. I smirked, good she doesn't know.

"Try me." We had an intense staring contest for a few seconds before she groaned.

"Fine, I'll do it." She whined.

"Thanks sis." I grinned. Karma is going to suck but, this is totally worth it.

"Whatever."

Eric picked me up at 11:00 by the time I'd tyed my board down in the back I was seething with irritation. Hopping into the cab I glared at him. He shot me a confused look.

"What?" He asked.

"You're late. The party starts at 11:00." I snapped. He grinned now immune to my scorching gaze.

"We'll be fashionably late." He informed me. I rolled my eyes but, relaxed. It didn't really matter if we were late or not. I was just paranoid that I had to stand in front of my house for ten minutes. I felt like the whole neighborhood was staring at me, about to call my mom and bust me.

"Chill man. That girls' starting to rub off on you." It took me a moment to realize he was talking about Raegan, which made my mood even worse. I was not like her.

"Shove off." I snapped. He laughed pulling into the beach parking lot. There were people everywhere; unloading coolers, surfboards, blankets, chairs, and even large portable speakers. Eric and I untied our boards and started heading down towards the beach. A large crowd of people were already there standing around the roaring fire and a cheesy pop song was echoing from a speaker from somewhere that I couldn't see. We put our boards on a rack next to the food shack and headed into the mass of people.

"Casper!" A voice yelled. I glanced around in confusion before I saw Maria heading towards me. Her long dark hair was curled and bouncing around as she moved through the crowd of people, she was wearing a white beach dress that contrasted starkly against her dark caramel skin, and she had a large smile on face showing of her pearly white teeth.

"Hey Maria." I said smiling brightly. Eric stared at her with a slightly awed expression. Eric and Maria have never met, other than a few stories about surfing I haven't told Maria much about him. "Eric, Maria. Maria, Eric." I said introducing them. Eric quickly shook himself out of his trance and gave her a bright smile.

"Wanna dance?" He blurted. I mentally face-palmed. Of course Eric. Maria looked at him in surprise before returning his smile.

"Sure why not?" She said happily. I looked at her shocked. Eric seemed just as baffled, obviously not knowing what to do he shot me a helpless look. He's never gotten this far. I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what to do to help him.