Beneath the mask 4

"uh...she's taking a bath right now" said Papa

why is he lying? Something is definitely up.

i slowly opened the door and went to the railing. I peeped down and saw them sitting down. The James person was much younger than i expected, he looked much younger than papa, maybe aroung 22 or 23. The other three with him were big and silent. They looked like those bodyguards i see on TV. But what would he need bodyguards to visit someone as harmless as papa?...unless...unless he knows what i am.

I gasped loudly. All of them sitting down looked up and saw me. Papa 's eyes widened and James smirked.

As i was about to run back to my room, he called me.

"Aimee?" said James

I gulped.

"Aimee go back t-to y-your room n-now." said Papa.

I could hear papa's heart beat. It was beating fast. He was perspiring.

"No no, its ok. I did say i wanted to see her ." said James smilingly.

James wore a black suit. His light brown hair, almost blonde was in a messy spike. His neck tie was loose and his blazer sleeves were pushed up. I could see he was tired. His bright green eyes looked at me with an intent i could not recognize.

"come on down." said James

i looked at papa he was terrified. i did not know what to do. I hesitantly took one step down the stairs.

"its alright, no need to be shy." he said grinning

i gulped. i looked at papa again. He wasn't looking at me anymore. a tiny sweat rolled dwon his face and dropped to the ground.

"Aimee? come down." said James again, this time there was impatience in his voice.

"No" i said loud enough to let him hear.

Papa's head snapped up and looked a little relieved.

"What?" said James.

"I-I'm very bust at the moment, i have loads of homework to finish, and i do have to finish it by tonight." i said lamely.

James wasn't convinced.

"It'll only take a short while, i just want to see your face. Thats all." he said so assuringly i nearly fell for it.

"no, i'm sorry." i said firmly.

Then one of the quiet guys that came with James whipped out a gun from his jacket and pointed it at papa. I gasped.

"come down now or the next thing you'll see is a blown-up head of your dear father." he said smirking.

"Aimee! get out of here! do what i told you to do earlier!! go now!!! its -"

He was hit by the gun on his head. He fell down and moaned in pain.

"Papa!!!" i shrieked.

James laughed.

"Now Aimee darling, be a good girl and come down."

"Run aimee!! Run!!" exclaimed papa.

He was kicked in the stomach this time. He moan again, this time louder. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Aimee dear, would you like to see that again?" asked James in a sweet voice..

I shook my head furiously.

"Then come here."

I looked at papa and said "I'm sorry."

I slowly went down the stairs and to James. As soon as i stepped in the light, Jame's eyes widened. Then a slow smile came on his lips.

"I knew it."he said triumphantly.

His hand ran down my cheeks, my neck, then my shoulders, my waist and stopped at my hips. I nearly threw up at what he did.

"i knew it." he said again but this time his voice was low and husky.

i took a step back and saw papa cough up blood. I immeditaly ran to him. Bu was quickly pulled away by another guy in black.

"don't try anything smart, i know what your kind is capable of." he said

i didn't speak.

"look hon, no offence but i got to do this."

With that he pulled out a gun and poined at Papa's head.

"NO!!! PLEASE NO!!" i screamed.

He ignored me. "Years of spying on you and following you around, i finally have solid proof that you are one of them, what the hell was Abbot thinking! Bringing up a vampire! what a joke!" he spat at Papa

My anger rose.

"Say bye bye to Papa aimee." he said,

My eyes widened.

"Aimee, i love you. Always be a good girl ok?"

I ran in front of papa blocking their aim.

James smirked. "whatever." he said and pulled the trigger.

I felt a strong and sharp pain hit me and to my horror, i realised it went through me. I clutched my chest in pain and slowly turned around and saw papa fall to the ground, the bullet had hit his heart. I didn't hear any heart beat. The death was instant.

I sat there and stared at Papa. i couldn't believe it. Just 1 hour back he were making my favourite dinner. Just this morning he scolded me for jumping across the railing and not using the stairs.

No.

No.

You can't leave, not like this. I shook his body to wake him up. He is alive, he has to be. I still couldn't hear his heartbeat. i shook him more furiously now.

"WAKE UP!!!" i screamed.

A flood of tears rolled down my cheeks. i've never experienced such pain. It was even more painful than the nail that drove straight thorugh my hand when i was 7 yrs old. It more painful than Brian not looking at me the way i wanted. It was more painful than not having any friends. How could such a pain like this exist? I couldn't speak, i couldn't find my voice. 

Papa, please wake up.