beneath the mask 21

School was quite boring. I got the usual odd stares from the students as, mainly because I still had my mask on. I just wasn’t ready yet.

After school, I went to my room to change. I walked to my wardrobe and sighed when I saw what was inside, Peach had stocked my wardrobe with the latest clothes and some of them were shamelessly skimpy and some, I didn’t understand the concept behind them. I picked out a simple black T-shirt and light blue fitting jeans. I quickly put them on and jumped on my bed and switched on the bed. I put on the cartoon channel and was glad to see sponge bob square pants were on.

I stared at the clock and found myself thinking of Gabriel. I looked at the ring on my finger and smiled. I would have gone to him by now but he had a meeting again. I’m starting to really dislike those meetings of his.

Just when I was about to switch off the T.V, I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door, I was surprised to see Cleon. He had changed into black jeans and blue shirt.

“Hey Cleon, come in.” I said.

He stepped in and sat on the couch.

“Hey Aimee.” he said smiling.

I smiled back and sat on the bed across him. Then he cleared his throat and looked into my eyes, I was surprise to see the quick transformation of his expression from happy and friendly to serious and a little fear in his eyes.

“I need to talk to you Aimee.” He said softly.

I looked at him confused.

“Of course, are you alright?” I asked.

He smiled a little and sighed.

“What you are about to hear will be a shock to you and will definitely not be easy to accept and take in, but I have to tell you Aimee. There isn’t much time left.”  He said.

For some reason I felt a tight knot in my stomach

“Cleon, what is it?” I asked

He hung his head for a moment then he looked at me. He didn’t speak, I was getting impatient and anxious. I remember he telling me he had to talk to me when I was still in the infirmary.

“You’re killing me here.” I said impatiently.

He looked at me one more time and sighed.

“Aimee, you are not an ordinary vampire.” He said.

I stared at him in confusion.

“You’re from a special vampire tribe called ‘Guaritore;. We’re basically healers, we have supernatural powers to heal others and we also heal in a matter of second which is faster than the regular vampire.”

I stared at him with wide eyes. How does he know?

“But how do you know that I belong to this...this tribe!”

“You have violet eyes. All Guaritores have violet eyes.”

I pondered for a while.

“I’ve never seen any of them.”

“That’s because we are quite reserve and tend to keep themselves away from the public eye.”

I raised an eyebrow. “We?”

He smiled.

“Yeah, I’m a Guaritore too.”

I looked into his eyes and saw the usual dark brown and black combination. He chuckled once and to my shock, he rubbed his eyes and took out something that looked like lens. Then I saw it, his bright violet eyes. The exact same as mine.