beneath the mask 2, MUST READ!!

Although Aimee grew with in the arms of love and care, it was not the same for the others. The situation between the vampires and human didn't change. In fact it worsened. The only surviving vampires were mostly male and that too most of them were teenagers. The older ones died trying to protect their mates and the few female vampires left were gone into hiding.

AFTER 11 YEARS

I was rudely woken up by the annoying alarm clock. It was 6:00, the alarm kept ringing. I grabbed the clock and threw it against the wall....opps, there goes the 8th one....papa isn't going to be happy. I lazily got out of the bed and went to the window. The sun was slowly coming out. I smiled. I loved summer mornings. I quickly washed up and change and headed down stairs. Instead of climbing down. I just jumped down over the railing.

"Aimee!! I don't remember raising a monkey!" came pop's angry voice from the other kitchen

I guess he saw it.

"Sorry papa!" I called back.

"Where do you think you're going? Come here and have your breakfast first."

I sighed and went to the kitchen. There was a cup of blood on the table; I drank it as fast as I could.

"Alright, I'm going to go out!"

"Wait! Put on the spray first!" he scowled.

"Ohh, right."

He shook his head and grabbed a bottle spray from the fridge. I'm suppose to spray my skin with it. It gives me a more tanned complexion. Papa was a scientist so he's pretty clever so he invented this spray for me.

I sprayed it on my arms and legs, but not my face. I hated the weird smell. Plus I was wearing the mask so it wasn't necessary.

"Here's your lens."

Right, nearly forgot about that too.

My eyes were purple so it looked weird; I mean no one has purple eyes. I put on my contacts and my eyes looked brown.

"All set!" I exclaimed

"Did you finish your homework?"

"Yes, I did. Now, can I go?"

He looked at me and smiled. I couldn't go to a normal school because of what I am so I was homeschooled. Papa is really intelligent, so he didn't have any trouble in teaching me. I think he's cleverer than the other teachers at the normal school.

"Be careful, don't do anything unnecessary-"

"Don't talk to anyone, and don't take off my mask under any circumstances. I know papa. I've done it for eleven years now. Nothings going to go wrong."

He grinned. "Oh and one more thing."

"Remember, no matter how cute the guy is, no eye contact or staring!"

"Papa!" I exclaimed

He laughed heartily.

I ran out of the kitchen and grabbed my mask hanging on the wall. I put it on and stepped outside. I grinned under my mask. Yes, I do look weird with my mask on. Of all masks, he had to get a face of a rabbit; it has those weird long ears sticking out. Yes, people stare at me and give me the weird look, but I'm use to it by now. Yes, I'm made fun of, but I don't care.

As soon as I stepped out, I heard laughter. I turned and saw Brian and his friends. They were seated on the porch steps. Brian is the guy I have the biggest crush on. I mean, he just so gorgeous!!! He had dirty blonde hair and his eyes the most beautiful shade of brown. The same color of my fake lens. I squealed inside thinking we had the same eye colour. Papa said that the vampire creatures were more beautiful than humans. But I've never seen them. He said they were seen in malls and beaches and public places and I really wanted to see them but papa made me promise to never go to such places. The chance of me being discovered was too high. I definitely did not want to get discovered, but I couldn't help being extremely anxious.

I straightened my plain white dress and combed through my hair that reached a little beyond my waist. I wanted to look my best for Brian. This was the only time when I felt embarrassed wearing a mask . I wish I could just take it off,I look so stupid in it. I don't want him to laugh at me!

I straightened up and walked. As soon as they saw me they stopped talking, instead they all stared. I heard on his friend's chuckle. My cheeks turned red.

"Hey Aimee!" he called out.

Well, we sort of know each other; he once asked my name...many years ago.

"Uh, hi!" I said lamely.

"Going out?" he asked

"Y-yeah."

His friends looked at me weirdly.

"s-see y-you later!" I said and quickly walked off. I was blushing hotly. Thank god I'm wearing a mask!

But I could hear their soft whispers.

"Dude, what up with the mask?" asked one of his friends

"I have no idea; she had that on ever since I saw her" said Brain.

"Seriously? How long?"

"I don't know, 8 or 7 years."

I could hear the sharp intake of breaths.

"Whoa! What is she hiding anyway?"

"What if she's really ugly!" said another boy

"What if she has a flat nosy like suzy's" said another

"What if has rubber lips like miss kelly's " said another, they all started laughing except Brian.

"C'mon man, she has her own reasons" he said

I smiled. He's always so nice.

I walked on; I didn't care what other people thought of me, except for papa and Brian. I smiled at every person that passed by, but they didn't know cause I was wearing a mask. It was really fun, I even stuck out my tongue at some nasty girls but they didn't seem to notice, I quietly laughed.

After some time I reached the usual crossroad. The North road led to the park, the west and south road led to outskirt of the city and the east one led to the public places like the mall, departmental stores, the beaches, the road I was forbidden to take. I had taken all the roads except for this one; I was always so tempted to. I mean what's the big deal right? It's not like I'm going to get discovered or something. I'm always so careful. Just this once it won't matter, it seriously won't. Papa won't even know, I'll never tell him.