beneath the mask 3

All right then, its decided. I will take this path today. But what if I AM discovered? What if they do horrible things to me like they did to the others? What if I get lost?....ugh!!! what am I saying?!! I'm 16 years old!! I'm old enough to take care of myself!! Alright! I can do this!

At first, I walked slowly with caution as if I was being followed or something. Then I slowly began loosening up and found myself enjoying the walk. After a short while I reached the main street. There were so many people, I have never seen so much of people all in one place. I reached a signboard that said the directions of the 'tiki beach' . Beach !!! I've never been there! I see only see it on the TV. I practically ran there. When i reached there I couldn't close my mouth. It was soooo amazing!!!! There were sand everywhere!!!! The people around walked in their swimming trunks and bikinis. There were ice-cream stands.

I wrinkled my nose when i spotted couples kissing and holding hands. I blushed. It looked so different from TV. Seeing it in real life was so much more....detailistic?

I walked on the beach there were kids my age. They were playing volleyball, their laughter were loud and cheerful. I felt a tight pang in my heart.

This is the first time I felt only Papa for a friend wasn't enough. I looked away and walked on trying my best not to look back.

The little waves wet my feet , I kicked the wet sand softly. This is has to be one of my favourite day.

By the time I left the beach it was 12:00 noon. i looked around me and saw a signboard, it gave directions to where the shopping mall was. I smiled. This was another thing I saw on TV. Its suppose to be very crowded. Yay!!! I ran there to the mall. People looked at me and laughed. I stuck my tongue out to them beneath my mask. They didn't seem to see it. I grinned.

When I walked in the mall, I totally froze, it was so much better than what I expected. i looked like an idiot just standing there like a statue and staring at everything that moved. I got on the escalator, I knew how it worked, thanks to the TV. I went in a shop, they were selling clothes, really stylish ones. There were girls mostly my age. I noticed they had heavy make-up on. They giggled as they went through the stacks of clothes. The ones that caught my eyes were the four girls dressed stylishly. All four of them were dressed in micro-minis and fitting tops and sweaters, the heels they wore made clicking noises against the marble floor. Their hair looked were wavy, permed, straight and curly. I stared at them entranced.

They seem to notice me . They all stopped doing what they were doing and stared at me weirdly. Then one of them whispered in her friend's ear and they all laughed. I suddenly felt conscious. I looked at what I was wearing. I was wearing a plain white dress that ended just above my knees. With no designs or what so ever. There were slight frills, but that was it. They looked at me from head to toe. One of them rolled her eyes and left, the others slowly followed. I ran out of the shop feeling miserable. Just then I bumped into someone. I turned around and saw a couple of guys.

"whoa, watch where you're going weirdo."

"i-I'm sorry" I murmured

AS they passed I heard them talking.

"what a freak"

"I know, why she was wearing weird mask?"

"is she stupid or something?"

"most probably."

Tears threatened my eyes. I want to go home.

I walked to the escalator and got on. In front of me was a little girl holding her mothers hand. They were talking and laughing. I stared at them and found myself yearning for somthing i didn't have, a mother.

I don't have a mother. Papa told me about her and how she gave up her life in order to save mine and how she truly loved me. I grasped the silver chain around my neck. My mother's parting gift.

When I got home it was 2:30 pm. Papa was inside making dinner. I hung the mask on the wall and went to the kitchen.

"hello dear."

"hey Papa"

"how was your day?"

"so-so."

He looked at me but didn't say anything.

"watcha making?"

"sweet corn chicken soup with fresh baked bread." He said smiling

I grinned. It was my favourite. I kissed his cheek.

"want help?"

"no, that's fine."

I went up to my room and washed off the spay on my skin and then I brought down my exercise books and did my math as Papa made dinner.

The door bell rang. I got up. But Papa told me that he get it. I looked on as he wen to the door and peeped through the tiny glass hole. He froze. I could hear his heavy breath. I got up.

"papa? Is something wrong?" I asked

"shhh!" he said

He came to me and grabbed my shoulders.

"Aimee, I want you to go to your room and stay there."

"whats wrong?"

"Just go and if you hear any loud noise , anything at all, you must run, as fast as you can. You must get away from here. Jump out of the window and run." He said through his heavy breathing.

I knew something was wrong. 'Papa? Whats happen-"

"go! Now!" he pushed me to the stairs

"but-"

"now aimee!" he said in a loud whisper.

I was confused and scared but I ran to my room and locked the door. I listened. I could hear multiple heart beats. There were 4 visitors in the sitting room.

"h-hello james, how rare of you to come by here." Said Papa

James?

"well, I felt like it today."

"that's very kind of you. I shall make some tea."

"no,no, that's ok."

There was silence for a while.

"so, where is that aimee gir of yours?"

I heard Papa gulp. Why is he so nervous?

"She's in her room, homework and other thing to do."

"I see. How is her education coming along?"

"She's doing very well"

"that's good..i wonder if I can see her" there was something in his voice, like a purpose.

I don't have a good feeling about this.