- Chapter 42 -

"If you had a heart, I was hoping that you would've showed it some."

- Nicki Minaj

---------------------

Dawn

Let me tell you why I love him
Cause he is the truth
Said he is so real
And I love the way that he makes me feel
And if I am a reflection of him then I must be fly cause his light
it shines so bright
I wouldn't lie 

I had just put Aidan down in his crib when Indie Arie started to play. "And I know that it's God's gift to breathe the air he breathes." I couldn't help but sing every word she sung.

The song had so many levels. It wasn't just about a man but three generations. I looked down to see Kieran knocked out also. I tried my best to come up with different names but for some reason the two the nurse suggested just stuck with me. It's been a month but it felt like I just had them yesterday.

"Go get some sleep Dawn. I will wake you for their next feeding." I smiled.

"Mama I can wait a little while longer before-" I stopped talking when she gave me a scolding look.

I nodded and left the nursery. My body was sore and I was exhausted. The twins were very easy. I'm not sure if it was because I stressed so much during my pregnancy or not. The only time they cried was when I took too long to feed them or they pooped. Other than that they were pretty content and quiet babies.

I stared in the mirror. I had lost most of my baby weight in the two weeks since giving birth. I guess some of it was because I was too tired to eat a full meal. I got in bed and almost dozed off immediately but heard Aidan cry. It was crazy that I could distinguish their cries.

The door bell rung which made me get up. There was no way possible mama could change him and get the door. I walked down stairs and slowly made my way to the door. Without looking out of the peep hole I opened the door.

"Oh Dawn. I didn't know you were here. Is your mother here?"

"Uh. Who are you?"

"Dr. Vincent. I came to talk to her about something." I nodded my head and allowed him to step in before closing the door.

I walked to the living room. "Have a seat and I will get her. One second please." 

I walked back upstairs to the nursery where my mom had just put Aidan back in his crib. Kieran started to fuss a little which meant now it was his time to get changed.

"Dawn I thought I told you I have it. Go get some sleep." She huffed.

I laughed a little. "Well I was but the doorbell rung. A Dr. Vincent is here for you." I told her and picked up Kieran.

I walked over to the changing table and started to change him. She shook her head at me and smiled.

"You just so hardheaded. Did he say what he want?" I shook my head 'no' and placed Kieran back in his onsie.

"It's already time for them to eat again." I sighed and placed him in my arms.

"You sure you don't want to try the bottle? It's taking a toll on your body Dawn. It won't make you a bad mother."