- Chapter Five -

"I'm everybody's sworn favorite, people tend to feel I'm Michael Jackson re-incarcerated"

- Kevin Gates

-----------------

Dawn

"Ma why do we need all of this food if it is just going to be a few of us?" I asked her watching the greens cook. We had so much food it was enough to feed a house of one hundred people. Let me stop being dramatic but it was a a lot of food.

"Did you hear that Moniece. Is it a ghost in here?"

"I didn't hear anything maybe it was the vents" Moniece joined in on her pettiness and left the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes sitting at the kitchen bar. They can't possibly be mad at me for needing some space.

People started to show up and by now the house was mad packed with friends and family. As much as I wanted to enjoy everyone's company I really didn't want to be around anyone. I knew that if I didn't come to dinner mama would never forgive me.

I moved through the crowd saying my hellos and talking to a few people here and there. When I finally spotted Moniece she was sitting on her boyfriends lap as they talked with Marcel. I completely ignored Marc and turned my attention to Mo.

"Hey can we talk right quick?" I asked her and she agreed. We walked to my old room and I shut the door.

"What's up love?" Mo asked sitting on my bed. I sat on the floor across from her and just shook my head.

"So the visit to Ant was flat out crazy" I sighed.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Well he was shocked to see me of course and I could tell that my outfit selection was perfect." I smiled a little. Moniece moved to the floor as if she was getting the story of a lifetime.

"and? Keep going!" She became impatient.

"Okay so we were discussing how I had a crush on him growing up and it went something like this" I started to reminisce, telling her everything.

"Remember I used to have a huge crush on you growing up?" I asked Anthony smiling.

"Man how could I forget. You swore up and down we was going to be married with kids one day." He laughed causing me to roll my eyes.

"I need to tell you something Anthony" I sighed sliding the five page letter across the table. I was given a hard time to get it in but they finally gave in.

Anthony gave me a confused glare. I could tell that he was somewhat unsure of what would come next.

"Oh shit what happened next?" Moniece blurted. "Dang I need some popcorn."

"I swear you so over dramatic. Shut up and let me finish." I rolled my eyes. Moniece covered her mouth and waited.

"Okay so I got straight to the point telling him that"

"You may not believe me or even trust me after this but I completely understand. I've ran this scenario through my head countless of times to the point I'm driving myself crazy."

"Girl I know you got all emotional" She interrupted for a second time.

"Mo shut up and yes I started to cry but if you don't let me finish I'm gone black your eyes." I threatened. ''So Ant was like-"

"The hell you talking about lil bit?" He tried to touch my face to wipe the tears.

I pulled back and shook my head blurting out that "I'm Destiny...."