- Chapter TwentOne -

"Fuck 'em girl I guess he didn't know any better. Girl that man didn't show any effort."

- Bryson Tiller

------------

Anthony had just gotten back from visiting his mother. She was in a horrible state and was fragile to say the lease. She barely recognized him. From the way things looked the nurses weren't doing their jobs.

Highly pissed he thought it would be good to stop by his sister house to tear into her. Pulling up the address Zoran gave him he was confused. For Autumn to be with a nigga like Orlando he didn't understand why she was living in some rundown apartment complex.

"Do an Autumn live here?" Anthony asked a little girl. She was about four years old and beautiful. The little girl nodded her head and opened the front door going in with Anthony behind.

"Mommy a man is here to see you." The little girl sweetly said.

"Omari didn't I tell you not to let anyone in-" Autumn froze when she saw Anthony. She immediately started to cry.

"I'm sorry mommy. Don't cry. I won't do it again. I promise." Omari ran over to her mother and grabbed her by the leg trying to get a hug.

"Baby its okay. Go to your room right quick."

"Is he going to hurt you mommy?" Omari hid behind Autumns legs and looked to Anthony.

"Nah little one. I'm not going to hurt your mommy." Anthony reassured her with a small smile. It was the first time seeing his niece that he had no clue even existed. Some of the anger he had built up was slowly dying as he looked at her. She was a spitting image of Autumn when she was younger. "We just need to talk. See I'm your mothers' brother. Which means I'm your uncle." Anthony smiled wider when Omari came running to him.

"So like where have you been? Mommy talks about you all of the time. I can't get her to stop. You want to know what I got for Christmas? Oh wait are you hungry?" Omari went on and on with questions. If Autumn tried to deny her she would be out of luck.

"Slow down baby girl. Let me talk to your uncle right quick and then you can drive him crazy." Autumn and Anthony laughed at Omari's excitement.

"You promise?" Omari asked as Anthony placed her down.

"Yes baby girl. I will call you immediately after we are done talking." Omari skipped off to a back room.

"What the fuck yo?" Anthony stretched his arms. Autumn shook her head. The apartment was run down and wasn't a place for her or Omari to be living but it was the only choice she had.

"I sent you a letter. It got returned so I simply thought I was dead to you. It wasn't until Zoran told me that you were out. Where do I start?" Autumn gestured for Anthony to sit as she did the same.

"Start by telling me why our mother is in some dirty ass retirement home." Anthony phone rung and he already knew who it was so he ignored sending Dawn to voicemail. Although she was probably just calling to check on him he needed some space before he took his anger out on her.

"I couldn't find a job after college. Orlando said he would help and he did. He took over the bills when it came to mama. I visited her a lot but he started to think that I was being sneaky so he declined my visitation rights. He told me if I tried to visit her again he would make her the government problem and stop paying. I stopped visiting so that she would get the best care although it killed me. I had no one else to turn to." Autumn cried.