Sahari's Story - Part 1

A young boy with a bug mask and a Raisant and a Sweetle ran in, "Lady Princess, there is an attack near the southern border."

Sahari dismissed him with a wave of her hand, and he bowed clumsily and dashed off. She quickly dressed in gold armor, then placed a huge carnelian into the hole at the center of her chest-plate, one on her belt, two small ones on her ankles and one on her huge, menacing helmet. Arlene and Pilgrim were suiting up as well. Tiny carnelians sparkled on their armor as well. The gems brightened, and orange energy shot through gold, glowing with power.

At Cecil's surprised and terrified look, Stinger said, "Yes, women are allowed to fight, here in the Sand Kingdom. I know it is different where you come from."

Sahari swiftly swung her leg over a Camello, who was also armed in gold. She held a long gold spear with a deadly point.

"Stinger, you and your friend go alert the Sand Guard. We leave in five minutes," said Sahari.

"Yes, Lady Princess!"

~.^.~

Cap skid to a halt. Sahari leapt from his back and onto the burning sand. William didn't lie. There really are almost twenty sick piñatas, she thought gravely. She knelt by an ill Pieena. Pilgrim whimpered.

"How did they get all the way out here?" she thought aloud. She heard hoof steps and turned to see Cap galloping away. What in the...? She suddenly felt an itch and instinctively smashed her hand upward behind her. Her fist made contact with a nose, and she heard someone groan and fall. Whirled around right as someone swung a sword at her. She rolled under him just in time to feel the blade slash across her cheek. She briefly saw Arlene facing off with a Sour S'morepion and Pilgrim ripping armor off another Stone soldier. She quickly dispatched the third, knocked out a fourth and sent the last one running for his life. She stood heavily breathing. Arlene was still fighting the S'morepion somewhere behind the next hill of sand.
"Sahari," said a chillingly familiar voice. She didn't even have to turn around.
"Dastardos," Sahari said calmly, then shot an arrow straight towards his chest. But Dastardos just flew up, letting the arrow pass under him harmlessly. Sahari shot arrow after arrow rage slowly building. Dastardos cackled and easily dodged them.
"Coward! You're too afraid to face me, so you fly away. You're not a good enough fighter," she taunted, heat and humiliation roiling within her. "You know 'dastard" means wimp, right? Your little Vulchurro friend isn't here to save you, now is he? You're nothing more than a Cluckles liver. Come down here and fight me, you gutless little Camello turd!"
Dastardos slowly floated to the ground, his hands in fists. At first, Sahari thought he'd taken the bait, and she lifted her spear. But Dastardos' furious look melted into an amused smile.
"I need not prove anything to you," said Dastardos. "Sleep well, princess."
"Sleep well?" she snarled, raising her spear. Suddenly, Dastardos flicked his wrist, and a red dart sprouted from Sahari's arm and Pilgrim's neck. Sahari fell to her knees. She struggled against the darkness that was closing around her. And then she was asleep.
Hidden behind the hill of sand with an unconscious S'morepion pinned beneath her, Arlene watched the scene unfold. She tied the S'morepion to her back with a few sticky webs and ran back in horror. I have to get help!  

A/N:

I moved this section into an entirely new part because I had finally found the piece that was missing! Hopefully it makes more sense now! :)