Sahari's Story - Part 2

"How is the princess doing?" Dastardos sneered through the locked door.

"The princess is ready to snap your neck," came Sahara's muffled retort.
"Big words for a little lady such as yourself."
There was a loud smack as Sahara slammed herself against the door's impenetrable surface.
"You'll regret this you Vulchurro-hearted Sweetle-brain!"
She heard Dastardos chuckling in amusement and she threw her arms up in frustration.
"So I guess you're planning to starve me here."
"Please," Dastardos sounded offended, "We're not as "Sweetle-brained" as you think. We're keeping you hostage. But of course, if I told you our plan, it wouldn't a secret."

Pilgrim watched, not exactly sure what to make out of the situation. He saw his owner fall, and he walked to her side, attempting to help her up.

Sahara stood up and dusted herself off with as much dignity as she could muster. I'm gonna have to follow him for now. When I get the chance, I'll bolt, she gripped a clump of Pilgrim's confetti to calm herself.
"Right this way, my lady," Dastardos sneered, floating forward through the earthy hall.

Pilgrim didn't mind Sahara clinging to him, and he waited for her to make a move. He stood still until she did.

Despite herself, Sahari (sorry keep calling her Sahara) couldn't help but admire the design of the palace. Sure, it was inside a volcano, but she was used to the heat, and the lava was cleverly channeled into glass tubes, functioning as a source of light. The floor was smooth obsidian, while the walls were bleak stone. The scent of earth wad strong, but it wasn't unpleasant.
Sahari was surprised at how similar this kingdom was to her own. She had expected to see gaunt, skeletal people shuffling around the empty hallways like the dead. But, like her home, the servants were polite and respectful to their sovereign, if not a bit fearful. They looked pretty much the same as well, save for their fairer skin and stockier builds.
Finally, after the silent stroll through the palace, and quite a few steps of the quartz stairway, they arrived at a balcony. Rails of lead smoldering with fire were the only barriers between the dining room and thin air. An elegant, ebony table cloaked in a silky, white tablecloth. There were three teenagers, two with similar, glossy black hair. They all seemed younger than Dastardos. Surrounding them were four ruffians. And at the end of the table was Professor Pester himself.
"Good evening, Dastardos," said Pester, "And to you, Lady Princess."
Behind her, two soldiers lowered their sharpened lead axes in front of the doorway. Sahari recognized where she was with a sickening start. She was in the mouth of Pester's tower that smiled maliciously down at the Grass gardens. She glanced around swiftly, calculating her escapes. She felt Pilgrim growl at her side.
"Oh, do sit down. Escape is pointless. You eliminate the one way where you get slaughtered by my top axemen..." Pester smiled pleasantly, noticing her analyzing of any routes to break away, "And you're left with a three hundred or so meter drop. That is, if you make it over the scalding lead."
"I rather like this place," Dastardos grinned, "Come, sit here. Make yourself comfortable." Sahari, still, said nothing. She thought she saw a warning glance from Pester to Dastardos, but she might've imagined it.

Stiffly, Sahari sat at the unoccupied chair between one of the two girls and a ruffian and across from Dastardos.

Pilgrim has happened to notice the same thing about the structure, but he got distracted quickly. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to follow or stay, but he ended up following. He squirmed uncomfortably whenever he was stuck in one place for too long since there were enemies that could hurt him everywhere.

Alpha Mallowolf began to growl at Pilgrim. He was not too happy about the new guest. Sierre Smelba on the other paw seemed to be interested in this foreign species of piñata.

Pilgrim was quite offended, and he returned the hostile gesture.

"What do you want, Pester? Maybe we can negotiate," Sahari said, trying to speak levelly.
"I thought you'd never ask," Pester smiled, displaying a row of dagger-sharp teeth. "And, I go by King Pester now, thank you very much.
"All we want is to be recognized as one of the kingdoms. But, Jardiniero thinks we'll cause trouble or something. He won't even give us a chance! But then, I came up with a master plan! Flarissa, explain." Pester sat back in his seat and began to eat through the plate of sweets in front of him. The girl next to her turned to Sahari. Her face was emotionless but for the fire burning at the tip of her mask. She wasn't as pretty as the other girl next to her, who had a smooth, green hair cascading over her shoulders and a beautiful red dress, but she was the first person so far who didn't seem to hate her.
"So, we're gonna barter for the Sand Kingdom to be our allies and, in turn, give you back. Then we'll defeat Jardiniero and take over," Flarissa said in a bored voice.
"And then victory shall be mine! MWAHAHAHAHA!" Pester interrupted. Sahari stared at him for a moment. Then she stood up abruptly.
"You fool! You think stealing me and manipulating people around will make Jardiniero listen? He smart, Pester. He's smart, and he's proud. You two are gonna one day need to learn how to settle your differences," Sahari shouted, her hand darting to her side to unsheath her dagger- which wasn't there. Gobjammit! she cursed silently. They had taken all her weapons.
Pester looked enraged for a moment, and then he collected himself and smiled.
"Lady Princess, you wouldn't understand. Now enjoy the banquet," he said, but she could tell she'd hit a nerve.

Pilgrim was cowering back, trying to get as far away as possible. He didn't want to be here; he wanted just to be home with his owner. He wished this wasn't happening.

Sahari sat down again, hissing.
The servers brought many delicacies out that one would never find in any other kingdom. Dandelion salad, mushroom stew, and, of course, candy. Though Sahari had always been taught not to eat the sweets that kept piñatas alive, she admitted to herself that she could have just a few out of courtesy to her hosts. She was still biding her time.
"You are all dismissed. I don't want to see your faces for another twelve hours," Professor P. said. Everyone filed out, and Sahari was herded back to her room.
Then, she saw her opportunity. One of the guards looked a little tired, and his grip was loose on the hilt of his sword. Sahari preferred daggers, but she wasn't about to complain.
Coming up was a hallway that hopefully led out. It was a huge gamble.
"Well, it's now or never," she said to herself.
Like a striking viper, she shot forward, grabbed the sword and bashed the soldier in the back of the head. She swung at the only soldier in the way and ran for it.

Pilgrim saw what she was attempting, and growled threateningly at anyone who stood in Sahari or his way, ready to attack at once.

Sahari sprinted down the hall, shoving maids out of the way. She had no idea where she was going, but she could hear the guards yelling angrily behind her. Pilgrim ran at her side.
She thought she'd made it; she could see the lobby- the door in the distance.
And then she felt a tiny prick on her skin. Not again! she thought frantically, removing the tranq dart from her thigh. She was almost there.
Stars filled her vision, and the ground came up to meet her.
Then, she was unconscious.

*Author's Note*

Special thanks to ChicaFaithRose for roleplaying as Pilgrim the Pieena. Go follow her on Google Plus and friend her on Xbox Live! What will happen to Sahari next? Does anyone even care?