QTMUTT 6

Chris,

Walking to my second period class, all I could hear was the laughter and giggles of all of my peers. I see them all grounded around the two flat screen in the main hallway that broadcasts all school activities and gave daily reminders. I pushed some random people out of the way to see what was so funny. It was when I realized it was Trey ,I felt sick.

I couldn't believe that Michael and his friends were bullying Trey. I still can't believe that Mike used me and jeopardized our friendship for a stupid prank. I felt heated. How can people be so fake bruh? I knew it wasn't best for me to stay at school so I went home,mentally preparing myself for an earful from Trey when he gets home.

"Man I feel bad." I mumbled out loud to myself while playing 2k.

"You should." Trey fumed. I didn't even know he was here.
I could see dried tear stains on his face that came from his now red eyes.

"Trey, I'm sor--"

"I don't give a fuck about what you have to say to me. You're a fake ass friend Chris. I was humiliated today in front of the whole school. You don't know how that feels because you're "Mr. Perfect," to everyone. I could never be you. Everything's too easy for you. No one bully's you, no one harasses you, spits at you, none of that. You can actually have friends."

"Trey you do have friends, you have Me and Alex." I pointed. Trey will always have us if he had no one else.

"Do I really?" He questioned me. "Because after today, I don't know who I should call a 'friend' anymore. Be careful of the way you throw that word around, Chris."

"Forget it. If you don't think I'm your friend anymore then I guess I'm not. I tried to warn you in time Trey. I had just heard one of the guys say what was about to go down a few minutes before it happened. I'm sorry Trey. Maybe I haven't been the friend I was supposed to be. I'll be back later." I fumed. I saw Trey's expression go from angry and hurt to sympathetic in one second.

     I grabbed my keys and jacket and left. I was too upset to stay and talk any further. Where was I going to go? I had no idea so I ended up just driving around to find my clarity. I just really needed to clear my mind and think about everything. Maybe I am a bad friend.

Trey,

I felt terrible. Chris had left and I was starting to get worried. I tried calling and texting ,but he won't answer. Maybe I overreacted towards him and him only. I should apologize and make it up to him so I tried to call again. It went straight to voicemail so I left a message.

"Hey Chris, it's Trey and I really need you to call me back. I'm sorry for overreacting. Bye."

I turned on some music because I needed to relax.

Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles

Hello from the other side
I must have called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

I heard the door open and I was relieved and overjoyed to see it was Chris. I ran towards where he was standing.

"Man, I'm sorry Chris. I didn't mean to make you upset or anything. I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I know we're friends and have always been friends since we were kids and I probably ruined that. I know you--" he cut me off by doing the most unexpected thing ever.

Christopher's Maurice Brown just kissed me.

••••
Yay!😊
Vote
Comment