3 Friends Gone

I followed Mark up the ladder and it took forever to climb it but soon we can to the top. Mark helped me up and then I felt the wind in my hair as I walked over to the edge of the flat roof. I put both hands on the 12 inches high wall and breathed in.

"I'm loving this", Ava said behind me.

"Me too", I said.

"Sweet but let just keep in mind snow", Bob said. 

"We can just climb back down to the top hotel floor and look for a real nice room, not only am I a cool friend but I am a engineer", Mark said. "We can try to get the air conditioning fixed and maybe a heater",.

"You can do that", Bob said.

"Of course I can", Mark said.

"Oh, cool can you teach me how to do it?", Anna said.

"Sure", Mark replied.

"While you guys are doing that me and Alex go out of the hotel and scout around", I said. "Go kill some stuff",.

"Sweet", Alex said.

"That is like asking to be killed", Fritz said.

"Don't worry, Fritz, I trust Maddie, she has saved us to this point", Alex said.

"But some were lost..", Fritz said.

"Hey she tried her best", Bob said.

"Fine, but if you come back and Alex is dead you will be dead", Fritz said.

I swallowed.

"We will be fine",, I said.

"Okay", Fritz said.

"Let's go", Alex said starting to climb down the ladder. I followed him down the ladder starting to think that I should never have taken Alex and scouted with him. I saw how much Fritz and Kate cried when Mike died and with Alex being the youndest of the group... It could get worse.

We reached the lobby and walked out of the doors of the hotel. The street looked really grey and messed up from the road cracking. It seemed like every shop had a smashed window and we found out that people had already raised each shop.

"They cleared out the place like that", Alex said snapping his fingers.

"I know", I replied. I tried to draw attention to other stuff besides the busted windows. I think I was going crazy because each turn I made I could picture another wave of zombies. I tried to clear out my mind of the thought.

"Why so quiet?", Alex said.

"I don't know I am just going crazy I guess", I said.

"We are all going mad aren't we", Alex said kicking a rock and shoving his hands in to his hoodie pockets.

"Your right", I said.

"Oh I know, your scared about what my brother said", Alex said stoping in the middle of the road.

"No no", I said turning to him. "After the stuff I've seen I don't even know what I'm scared of now",.

"Oh", Alex said. "Do you think that one day Fritz and Kate will get married?",.

I thought about it then smiled.

"I think so", I said smiling.

"Oh", Alex said. "I thought that too",.

"Wait be quiet", I said shushing Alex. I heard a scream that sounded to come from the hotel.

"Let's go", Alex said started to run towards the hotel.

"Wait...Alex comeback", I yelled chasing Alex through the streets back to the hotel. I then saw Alex standing in front of the hotel about to run in to the hotel.

"Wait?!", I called to Alex but he already bursted in to the doors of the hotel.

"God Darn?!", I said running through the doors and up the ladder to the top of the roof.
When I got up there, there was blood everywhere and I saw Mark, Anna,Annalee, and Fritz were curled up in a corner.

"Holy crap what happened?", I asked almost yelling.

"Maddie... It's just us left", Annalee mumbled.

"That thing killed Kate, Bob, and Ava", Fritz said. "Son of a...",.

"Let's not curse for now", I said.

"Kate is gone?!", Alex said with tears began to go out of his eyes.

"Come here Alex", Fritz said and Alex ran over and hugged his older brother. "I'm mad too, and I'm just glad you two never saw what happened",.

"What thing from the sky do you mean", I asked.

"Okay so it looks like a eagle but it isn't and it's like a bird but it just turns in to a monster with the only goal to kill", Anna said. "I'm never gonna get that out of my mind that my best friend is gone",.

I then began to think that we were up against something more then just zombies. It was monsters from the dead.