The Cabin in the Woods

The sun can through the boarded up hotel window causing me to wake up. We needed to move.

"Come on guys let's go", I called.

Almost none of them moved so I decided to take matters in to my own hands and investigate the other hotel rooms. I exited out hotel and with a flash light in hand I was able to navigate through the dim hall and entered a room with the number 289 pined on to the door. I turned the knob and stepped in. The room was pitch black and a window did not exist. I went directly to the hotel safe that most hotels had and I found it open in the closet. It was dark green and inside was 200 dollars in cash! I grabbed the money and stuffed it in to my bag. I felt like if something happened and I needed it I had it. The Mickey Mouse shirt that I was wearing was doing good that I had Toby's cross bows strap rubbing against my shirt.
I left the room after hearing noises from nextdoor. I stepped in to the hall as I saw Fritz at the door.

"Morning", Fritz said.

"Morning", I said. "Wake everyone up we need to move on",.

"Okay", Fritz said walking back in to the room. I walked all the way down the hall waiting for them and once everyone was up we made our way down to the lobby and stepped outside.
The air was cold very cold. And we could see each other's breath.

"Bob was right", Mark said.

"Let's keep moving and find some clothing", I said.

"But it is to cold", Alex complained.

Fritz looked at his brother in a stare meaning listen to her. Alex obeyed and followed me down the cracked road past the buildings now in rubble. It looked like a war zone and it was dead silent.
We walked for a while until my noise began to run but I wiped it away from my long sleeve shirt. We ha left the city behind and we were now on a high way. The temperature seemed to drop and it got super cold. Alex could not take it and Mark carried him in his arms bridal style. I knew we had to get winter gear or we were never going to make it. Anna lagged behind twice but was strong.

I saw a cabin in the distended past some pine trees.

"There", I pointed. "Let's go there",.

"But what If there are people", Fritz said.

"We should try", Anna said. "Because I don't want to die of a simple cold",.

We all shook our heads in agreement and headed towards the cabin as I saw the front door wide open as we got closer. I saw blood in the grass and on the door step as we came to the door.
I stepped in side and then saw that it looked like a murder happened.

"Holy crap", Annalee said.

We did not say a word as we all looked at the scene. I stepped in and looked around I saw a dead husky on the floor. I almost gagged at the smell.

"This cabin was definitely attacked", Mark said.

"You think", Fritz said.

"Stay close", I said after hearing a low growl.

We walked in in a line. And stood in the wreaked living room where the tv ha the zombie warning from the news. I loaded my cross bow with a arrow while Mark pulled out his gun. We opened the first bedroom door and it had one zombie but I put a arrow in his head. I looked through the bed side desks as found 3 keys hooked on to a chain that had to unlock something and a box of matches. I raided the closet and found a pea coat for Mark, a rain coat for Alex, Anna got a coat, and Fritz got a pea coat colored blue while I found a hat and a hoodie just my size.

"I found a locked door over here", Anna called.

"Here I found some keys", I said tossing them to her.
I saw Anna put the key in the lock and turned it and the door opened after Anna tugged on the handle. The door revealed a stair case leading down wards. Anna gave me the set of three keys back.

"Should we really go in to a creepy basement now?", I asked.

"I don't want to", Alex said.

"What if there is supplies down there?", Mark says.

"Here I'll go down there", I said pulling out the box of matches and striking one to cause a small flame to appear. "I have my crossbow... I should be good",.

"Okay", Fritz said. "Good luck be quick about it",.

I was sure as heck going to be quick because each step creaked and the group at the top of the stairs was dead silent which scared me. In to the darkness I went.....