Heat Stroke

We came out of the building and began to look around. I spotted a mountain not far from the city.

"Let's go there", I said.

"Why?", Aaron said.

"Because it like safe", I said.

"That doesn't mean it is safe", Wade said.

"Got any better ideas", I said.

"Yea, let's go but try not to die", Bob said.

"I'm just glad that Zack is now keeping his mouth shut", Annalee said.

"Come on follow me", I said leading them behind me. I was tired that day and it was getting hot from the sun so I wanted to move fast. We left the city after walking for about a half an hour. I felt guilty for wanting to leave Zack in Atlanta but the kid was not smart and failed to tell us that the boarder was going to be placed. I put the idea out of my mind and focused on just getting to the top of that mountain.

"Maddie I'm sorry about your mom again", Anna said.

"It was not your fault I feel bad for dragging you guys all this way for nothing", I said slowing down so we are walking side by side.

"It's fine, I was just glad I was traveling with you and we came from Ohio all the way to Georgia, Is amazing?", Anna said. "Even if we lost a few members along the way",.

"Thanks", I said. "It means a lot",. I walked faster than Anna and was about 12 steps ahead from the group. Mark was giggling about something Annalee told him and I heard Wade and Bob talking. Fritz and Kate had been quiet for the most part of the walk. Alexander was quiet too. The sun was high in the sky and it got hotter and hotter. I turned around and Alexander was dragging his feet and asked "Mark can I please have a piggy back ride, please?",.

"Sure", Mark said getting down on his knees and Alex jumped on to Marks back. After about 2 hours Wade just stopped. He had this expression that sent me in to panic.

"Wade are you okay?", Annalee asked.

"Guy...s..... Jesus", Wade said. I tripped to the ground. Fritz left Kate's side and ran over to Wades side. Wade laid there eyes closed.

"He had a heat stroke", Fritz said.

"What should we do?", Mark asked.

"He is passed out or unconscious so we have to carry him", Fritz said.

"Your crazy", Aaron said.

"He could die soon and we have to find water or cold liquids which we don't have", Fritz said.

"Anything we can do, we just need to keep him alive right?", Mark said.

"Duh, of course we want him to stay alive", Alexander said.

"Guys this is serious he could be dead", I said.

"She is right", Fritz said. "I don't have water as it is like 90 degrees out",.

"How about we quickly find some water?", Ava said.

"Where?! We are in the middle of no where", Anna said.

"Guys stop fighting!", I yelled. We have already lost people and I plan to not lose Wade", I said.

"Okay well we probably have another hour how are we going to save him?", Kate said.

"He has about 30 minutes before heat will cause his brain to shut down", Fritz said.

"Crap not now", Bob said.

Wades eyes opened.

"Wade can you hear me?", Mark asked.

"Hey Mark why why are you blurry", Wade asked.

"Wade can't you see me", Mark said.

"I can hear you", Wade said.

"Mark like I told you his brain kind of lost vision because of the heat", Fritz said. I then heard the noise that I really did not want to hear.

"Zombies", Mark said pulling a gun and turning around we all stood as we watched Mark shoot a the zombies. I then saw Alexander take out his gun and aim it. He began to shoot with Mark.

"Guys we should not make the noise", Bob said."Wade I'm going to pick you up and we are going to fine some thing cold okay?",.

"Okay, just hurry my head hurts and I can't see", Wade said. Bob picked him up and we began to run but Mark still kept shooting.

"Mark come on", I said.

"You guys go I'll hold them off", Mark said.

"Just cut it out and come on", Aaron said.

"Yea, Mark", Alexander said.

"Didn't you hear me go", Mark said almost yelling.

"Let's just go", I said began ing to walk faster.

"Guys look", Ava said. She pointed at a dirt road looking to lead up to the mountain.  I turned and looked past the group and saw Mark running at full speed.

"Go GUYS GO THERE COMING", Mark yelled.

"Guys lets go on this trail it looks to be quicker", I said.

"What's going on?", Wade uttered.

"Just hold on Wade don't talk", Fritz said. Wade went silent as we quickly walked up the trail. Mark came 
up sweating like crazy.

"What going on down there?", Ava said.

"You have no idea there are so many of them.. Probably more then Atlanta", Mark said. We looked at each other in panic.

"We're going to die", Kate said throwing herself on Fritz.

"We have come this far okay Kate we aren't going to die", Fritz said. We walked to the top where the dirt road ended. We were on the mountain!
I looked over trees and saw the road we were walking on. While I was looking ,Fritz and Bob located a state park bathroom. There they found water. Aaron still had the water bottle originally holding the tea so he gave it to Fritz who filled it up and gave it to Wade. Anna, Ava, and I and Annalee looked around the top of the mountain and saw a campsite in the distance.

"Guys look", Anna said.

"There could be supplies", Ava said. We ran down to the camp site but then stopped. It was a blue ripped up tent and chairs flipped over and footprints looking like people were running. I got closer to the tent and opened it to be relived that it was empty and saw a back pack. I tossed it to Ava and Anna and the totally went through the bag. I walked over to them.

"What did you find?", I asked.

"Walked Talkie, car keys, flash light, matches, a compass, and um well what use to be a map", Annalee said holing up a ripped of prop ice of a map.

"Well I guess that's good", I said. Then the Walkie talkie clicked on.

"Hello? Hello? Ken are you there..", The voice said. I looked at Annlee, Ava, and Anna. Survivors.