Chapter 26

"I won't allow you to hurt her!" Julian screamed, pushing me behind him, his whole body tense.

"Look, I don't need to hurt you Julian. Just move aside and let me take what I came for." Adam claimed, inching forward, gun in hand.

"Samantha, get out of here." Julian whispered to me, turning his head barely to meet my eyes. He was putting on a show to look tough, but in his eyes, I could see a scared little boy.

"I can't leave you Julian, this is all my fault." I clenched his arm, not wanting to leave.

"Just go Sam, I'll be okay. I'll take care of it." I could feel my tears falling from my eyes, I knew he was lying.

"Please Julian, please don't do this." I whispered. Why wouldn't he listen to me?!

"Baby girl, it's going to be okay. You know me, I'll be okay. Now go." I let go of him, but I couldn't move.

"Sam, I would suggest not going anywhere." Adam said, smiling in my direction. I made contact with his eyes, his cold, dead eyes.

"Sam go!" Julian screamed and it triggered me to finally move. I didn't know where to go, so I ran to the bedroom, where I knew I had a knife and a bat at least. A phone at least.

I could hear yelling and I started to frantically dial 9-1-1.

"This is 911, whats your emergency?"

"My boyfriend is being held at gunpoint, you need to come no-"

I heard the worst possible sound in the world, it stopped me dead and the phone left my hand.

Bang.

"JULIAN!" I started to sprint down the hall to see Julian on the floor, breathing heavily with his hand on his chest and blood flowing out faster than it could be stopped.

"JULIAN NO, NO!" I dropped to my knees and grabbed him, holding him, I didn't care if his blood got all over me.

"I.. tried.." He whispered.

My tears were falling onto him, staining his shirt and mixing with the blood.

Suddenly, I was being pulled away. A pair of arms were wrapped around my waist and dragging me away. Julian, was laying practically lifeless.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" I screeched, flinging myself in all directions trying to get away.

"No need to cry or scream. You are mine now." Adam whispered into my ear.

'No, no, no please.'

"JULIAN, NO PLEASE! PLEASE!" I was going psychotic, I couldn't fathom him dead and I couldn't bear being dragged away, having to see his body so defeated.

Suddenly there was screaming from a direction I couldn't detect.

"Sam! Sam! Wake up! Sam!" Where was it coming from?

And suddenly it was dark.

"Sam! Sam!"

My eyes opened in a flurry and I jumped up. I suddenly realized, I was in a bed and right next to me was a petrified looking Julian.

"Oh my God Sam are you okay?!" He said, startled looking.

"Julian!" I tackled him in a hug and held him tight to me.

"Sam, what is going on?" He whispered, trying to calm me down.

"I had a really really bad nightmare." I muffled into his neck, I didn't want to let him go again.

"What happened?" I pulled away and realized from the spots on his shirt, that I had been crying. I guess that had translated from the dream.

I didn't want tell him the actual dream, I didn't want him to question why Adam was in my dream.

"You were playing a game and you were hit really bad. Like so bad you had to be raced out in a stretcher to the hospital and they wouldn't let me see you."

He smiled at me and I wondered why he would smile at such a horrible thing.

"Babe, I'm never going to get hurt that bad, promise." I shook my head at him.

"Don't jinx yourself! I don't want to see you like that." And when I said that, I didn't mean on a stretcher or in a hospital, I meant in my dream, his body so lifeless. It made me want to start to cry again, but I had to hold it in.

"I'll try my best this next season to not get hurt, okay?" I nodded and hugged him again.

"Just, don't let me go." I whispered, bringing his scent in, he smelled so good. This is where I always wanted to be. Not at work and not in Adams presence.

"I won't, I promise."

I felt a burden, a big one. I felt like I held his life in my hands and I was being destroyed by it inside. I was now having nightmares that were becoming a little too realistic for my liking.

"Good."

I pulled away and we stared in each others eyes and finally, I smiled.

"Now, before we go back to bed, can I get a kiss? Just to make sure you're okay?" I nodded, before leaning in to meet him half way.

His lips, so inviting, so soft, so everything. It was long kiss, it seemed to last forever, but when we pulled apart, I felt so happy to be with him in the moment.

We finally laid back down, but Julian wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me as close as he could to his body.

"Just in case another nightmare comes, I'm right here okay? I always will be." His voice was so calming.

"Thank you Jules."

I closed my eyes, but I didn't want to. I was scared I would wake up right where I was again, having to see his body in another light, one that would in the end, break me.