Chapter 18

"Matt, you are undoubtedly the best brother there is in the world of brothers." I said, pulling Matt into a huge hug.

Matt has just helped finish moving me into his apartment, until I get back on my feet again. It took about three days to move in and few days to sort things out with the landlord. Now that I was with my brother, I could really start getting my life back together. 

"Well, you are the best sister around." We pulled away and admired our work.

"But seriously, if you ever need me out of the house so you can study.. or other, just let me know." I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he looked appalled. 

"Sis! What do you think I do here?" I laughed, punching him playfully.

"Oh I'm just kidding. But, seriously, do you have a girlfriend?" He shook his head to say no. How could he not? My bro was a stud!

"By choice right? Cause I mean there has to be girls flocking to you." He laughed, taking a seat on the sofa. 

"I mean, a few girls are interested and I'm interested in a few, but I just want to focus on graduating first." Man, he was smart.

"Very smart. You'll find an amazing girl though, once it's all said and done and once you do, I will tell her all the embarrassing stories about you, that I so want to tell." He looked red and looked away.

"Oh man sis, you are the worst!" I took a seat next to him, it was so great just to hang out with brother again for the first time in ages.

"How is mom doing?" I asked, I haven't spoken to her in a few months it seemed. 

"She's doing good. She's still in Dracut. I think she will never leave, hates Boston." 

My mom was a small town girl, grew up in Dracut, met my dad in Dracut, had her kids in Dracut, has never lived anywhere out of Dracut. She's still a nurse though, influenced my brother to pursue it, seeing how much they really do.

"Well, that's mom. Any news on dad?" He shook his head, nothing.

Dad and mom divorced when Matt was six and I was ten and moved all the way out to San Diego, California. Hasn't come back since.

"You said nothing about your life yet. Any guys in your life?" I sighed, I didn't even know if Julian counted right now.

"Um, at the moment, not really. I'm working on it, but at the moment, nothing." He patted me on my head.

"Don't worry sis, someone will one day be able to put up with you." I pushed him away as he doubled over laughing. 

"You little douche. I'm doing to cook some dinner."

Julian's POV

There had been minimal contact between Sam and I, since she left that morning. Just the occasional texts on how she was doing and how the moving had gone. 

I had so many thoughts going on in my head, emotions that I didn't even know how to address. When I was with Sam before, long ago when we had our 'situation', things felt different. But here we are now, months later. We are friends and it's not that I don't crave her sex, but I crave her, just being with her.

I decided to call Rob and Danny over, Tom was busy, so those two would have to help me. 

"Hey man, what's up?" Rob said, sitting at the chair in the room. Danny followed suit, before we all took our seats. 

"I need your guys's help with something." They waited for me to explain.

"You remember Sam, right?" They both nodded simultaneously.