Chapter 24

It has been a week, since I have started my job at the dance studio and I must say, it has been an interesting start. They had finished their 'Wildest Dreams' dance routine and I was able to watch it on their performance day. I have to say, it was pretty amazing, I'm not sure I was going to be able to help teach anything above that performance, but I had to give it a try. Julian was very supportive in me starting this job, it gives me something to do and I think he's happy I have something to do now.

At the moment, we are working on a dance routine for 'Same Old Love' by Selena Gomez and I have been put second in charge in teaching, which is absolutely terrifying.

Angeline walked in, throwing her bags on the ground and walking to the front of the studio to meet me. "Have you gone over what the primary focus is for our dance this week?" I nodded. "I have, it looks standard with some twists to it." She nodded as she agreed. "I'm thinking of giving a test." She started to walk away and as I flipped through the papers, I looked towards her. "Test for what?" I asked. "I have two dance instructors here, that are under me. You and Melissa." I stared at her longer. "And?" She smiled. "Well, we don't have enough money to keep both of you." I rolled my eyes, of course so she wouldn't see. "Why would you hire me then, if you knew you didn't have enough money to pay both of us?" She walked back over, methodically thinking in that head of hers. "I wasn't thinking at the time. Why did I have an ad put out for more dance instructors? Who knows why I do anything. The point is, I'm going to split the class into two. One half you will teach, the other half Melissa will teach. The one I'm more impressed with will have a permanent job." 

Is she seriously for real? "You realize I've just started and haven't taught anyone yet, right?" She shot her gaze at me. "Look you signed up to be a dance teacher, here's the opportunity. You are more than welcome to go home and give it up quietly." I sighed, angrily I might ad. "No, I'll fight for the job." She gave me a thumbs up and started to walk towards her office, what was I going to do.

------

"I'm home!" I yelled, throwing my bags down, along with myself on the couch, exhausted, mentally and physically. "How was it?" Julian exclaimed happily, running from the hallway to where I was. "UGhghghhghgh." I mumbled, face down on the couch, refusing to look up. 

"Hey, come on, at least let me see that pretty face." I turned my face to meet his as he kneeled by the couch. "I've just started this job and I already have to fight for it." I sighed. His eyebrows raised. "What do you mean?" He asked, running his fingers in my hair, calming me down instantly. "She said she accidentally hired me basically and can only keep on one dancer and to keep my job, I have to get my dancers to do a better job than the others." He looked shocked and I just wanted to cry. "That is so stupid!" He yelled. "I know, but I really wan this job, so I'm going for it. Hopefully I can prove myself and her to keep this job." 

He pecked me softly on the lips, making me feel better to be able to come home to him. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm basically fighting for my job everyday I have to play." I smiled. "It does a little, if anything, motivation." 

-------

I had been working overtime trying to make a statement to Angeline. My students were good I'll say, but it was missing something, it just wasn't pizazz like I needed it to be. It needed to be more, but I don't know what that is. 

"Morning guys. Ready for another day of the same old song and dance?" A few of the students laughed, many didn't. 

'Well I thought it was funny.'

"Okay guys, now this past week, we have been working hard to get down the moves and I really think we have, along with the timing as well, but we are still missing something." A student started to speak up. "I agree, we are missing something. But none of us are really sure what that is."