"But Kieran." I said with a dissapointed tone.

"It's his birthday?" Taking the pillow of her face, brows meeting.

"No!" Slapping my own forehead. "Remember what i told you last night?" She scratches her head, then makes an o shape with her mouth. "You remember now?"

"He'll be fine, don't worry! He can solve his on problem. Now can you please let me go back to sleep" She yawns, closing her eyes yet again.

"But-"

"You worry too much, he'll be okay." Turning her back at me.

"Oh fine!" Crossing my arms at I turn to look at her bedside window before releasing yet another sigh.

___________________

Mrs. Smoak called earlier at 11 am to asked me if I could help her at the Public Library, she said her assistant called in sick and the sub can't be contacted and Lisa the other one who worked there needed help for the afternoon. I worked at the library as part-time every summer simce I was 14, so I was accepted the call.

I parked my car and entered the Library. Mrs. Smoak so me as I enter. She wore a relieved smile as she saw me.

"Thank you dear for doing this."

"Happy to help"

"You are an Angel, truly." Gratefully cupping my hands.

As I put my bag by a chair, I heard a squeal behind me. It was Lisa, she was a year older than me. She was the one who trained me before with the work to be than at the library back then and not long after we became work buddies/friends. She goes to an all girls schools that's why I don't run in to her at my school.

"I missed you!" She hugged me, she was such a hugger. She's sweet like that and pretty too.

"It was not yet long since we've seen each other Lis." Hugging her back. 

"True! but I just missed you!" Then she squeezed me tighter one last time.

"Okay!" I chuckled, then she let me out of the hug.

Lisa and I are were arranging some books on the shelves at the non-fuction department when I heard a familliar voice.

"Yes, Yes! I'll be there tonight at 9, same place? Okay."

I stalk my way silently to the spot where the voice was coming from and I saw Kieran. He had just hung up the phone and shove it in his jeans back pocket.

"What?!" He ask coldly as he saw me snopping.

"You we're a bit loud, Library is supposed to be silent" I lied.

"Who cares!" He yelled before passing by me.

"Jerk!" I muttered as I roll my eyes at him then he looked back as I realize he heard what I said. He took a step back closer to where I was standing and another step that it was to close for my comfort.

"What did you just call me?" He was narrowing his eyes, no smirk was plastered in his lips it was just drawn in a thin line.

"Jerk" I firmly said not letting him notice that I was nervous, he move a little bit closer.

"Say it again" I can smell his minty breath as he spoke.

"Jer-" before I could finish the world that I was about to say, I felt his lips crashed into mine.

He kissed me. He was kissing me.

I was in a shocked mode. I was fully aware of what was happening though I couldn't make myself to protest. He pulled away with a smirk now curved on his lips but my body seemed to be paralized.

"Call me Jerk again and I'll kiss you." He whispered to my ears, his breath brushing the skin on my neck. Giving me shivers all down my body. I gulped, he seems to notice the effect of his kiss on me as his smirk grew. "I'll see you around." He said lastly and left.

I blinked thrice and finally came to my senses.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed. Lisa came rushing to where I am.

"What happened?!" She panicly examined me for any bruises.

"He! He!" I can't fully say it.

"He what?" She looked at me worried.

"He kissed me" I muttered.

"What?" She leaned closer to me so she can hear.

"He kissed me" I repeated.

"What!" She exclaim, hand in her mouth.

"Stop saying what!" I stomp my foot irritatedly. Though I know I can feel my cheek heat.

"Who was it?" She looked around to see who it could be.

"The new guy in school, Kieran" yanking my hair. "I hate him!"

"Is he hot?" Hearing her question made me walk away.

"Okay, cute?" She followed me and still asking.

"Charming?"

"Attractive?"

"Desirable?"

"No!" I finally answered her to shut her up.

"So he's Fugly? that is why you screamed?" I just nodded.

Well he was actually the opposite of Fugly.

"Poor you! Elk" she made a disgusting face, making me feel even miserable. Slightly banging my forehead by the bookshelf

After a long hours of work, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. When I was about to drive away, I remembered the conversation he had on the phone earlier.

"He said at 9 and same place." I recall.

I put out my phone look at the time it was only 6 pm, long pressed one for speedials for Dads number and tap call.

"Hi Pa! I called to ask if you're coming home late?"

"Yes I think so." He said from the other line.

"Okay, I just asked."

"Don't wait up anymore, okay?" I hear other voices on the other line talking about some other cases. "I need to go sweetie"

"Okay, Bye!"

"Yes Bye!" Him ending the phone call. I shove my phone back to my bag.

"Let's see what you're up to, Kieran!" Then I hit on the accelerator.