Chapter Forty-Eight

En başından başla

On the outside of Willow's is a cute little flower, a cake and a heart on it. Then I open it up and see she's tried her hardest to write some letters.

It says 'I love you Momma.'

My heart melts and I make a pouted lip, "Aw. Thank you, baby girl." I say.

I open Peeta's and see he wrote me a long note and has a beautiful sketch on the front of us three.

The end of the letter says, 'This is my favorite picture of us.'

I swear he's so sweet.

"Thank you, baby." I say patting his hand and he smiles shyly at me.

"We picked all this out and made this all last week so hopefully you like everything." He says, pushing a bag towards me.

I take the first bag and find a beautiful cream-colored dress inside. It's lacy and really beautiful and would be perfect for today, as it's suppose to be warm.

"Oh, I love this." I say truthfully, looking it over. Peeta glances at Willow and she smiles.

"This is cute, Willow. Did you pick it out?"

"Yes."

I fold it gently, "Thank you, sweetheart." I say smiling.

Peeta hands me another one, "More from Willow."

I open it up and find some really beautiful blouses inside, one is green, one is red, and one is blue but they're all three pretty.

"I love them! You have good taste in clothes, Willow." I tell her truthfully and she grins.

I open a few more and end up with a really pretty notebook and pen, these perfect diamond earrings from Peeta and then he painted me a beautiful recent picture of Willow and then Willow painted me a little purple flower.

"You're good bakers and artists, aren't you, my babies?" I say smiling, absolutely in love with their gifts and the thought they put into it all.

It really makes me feel special.

"What do you want to do today?" Peeta asks me.

"I think we should just stay here or go do something as a family." I say truthfully, not really caring as long as we are all together.

"We could go to the lake if you'd like." Peeta suggests.

I get really excited, "Can we really?"

"Yes, whatever you want to do." He smiles.

So we go.

When we get there, we immediately jump into the clear, lukewarm water of the lake. Willow on my hip and Peeta splashes us from a few feet away. Willow and I squeal and try to fight back.

"Daddy, quit being a brat!" Willow yells at him and splashes a big wave of water at him, looking completely serious.

I burst out laughing and Peeta just grins in somewhat of a shock, I guess.

"I'm not a brat!" He denies, coming closer to us.

Willow hangs on to me for dear life and he takes her from me as she squeals, knowing he's gonna antagonize her in some way.

"No!" She laughs as he starts tickling her. I start in on her two as she kicks and squeals loudly. The noise is no doubt scaring the animals but it's alright, it's worth it.

The sound of my daughter's laughter.

"Momma! Not you too!" Willow yells.

Peeta picks her up and holds her in the air as she kicks the water and waves it towards his hair.