Chapter 12

[Unedited]    

         Over the past couple of weeks, my new friend and I got pretty close. While at lunch, we got to know each other a lot and realized we had a lot in common. Her name was Ashlyn. She was about 5'2, she had long blonde hair, and she had a pretty girly style. She also had unique green eyes. Her and I are both Youtubers, so I guess we are kind of "Youtube friends". She is going to film a tag video with me for my channel, and I can't wait. 

          The door bell startled me; I was so focused into my reading, I lost track of time. I ran to the door, excited to hang with Ashlyn again. When I opened it, she was super excited, but not about me. She darted through the door and started jumping up and down, squealing. She had scored a date. I, of course, wanted to know ALL of the details! I'm a sucker for love stories. Although, lately it's been hard to end every romance novel I start. I always end up in a ball of mixed emotions since I no longer have what the characters in the story had. 

"So....how did you meet him?! Did you meet him at the party where I met you?! Did you meet him on the street?! In a store?! At school?!"

"Woah, woah, calm yourself, haha. I met him at this cafe. It's about 20 minutes from here, and he came over to my table and asked me if I wanted a drink. I told him I was underage, and he said that he knew, and he meant like a juice, or hot chocolate or something. I felt so dumb, but that's how we meant. One thing led to another and he asked me out on a date."

"Awww!!! What does he look like?!?"

"He has shortish brown hair, green and brown eyes, he's tall, and built, and he's about my age."

"Wait, what cafe did you say you ate at?"

"I'm not sure the name of it, but it was a couple miles from here maybe, or.. was it close?"

"Was it the cafe on the corner of that little shopping village?"

"Yeah! Why?"

"What's his name?"

"Cory... why do you sound so freaked?"

"Oh, never mind. I'm okay."

"What's going on?"

" I thought you were talking about somebody else."

"Who did you think I was talking about?"

"Just an old friend..."

"Oh... Well, if you want to meet him, we can go down to the cafe."

"What about the video?"

"Oh, we can film that when we get back!"

"Okay, then, yeah sure."

"What did you want to film, again?"

"I was thinking we could film some sort of tag video, or a truth or dare video, or a challenge video. Something fun."

"Alright, sounds awesome!"

"Okay, let's go! I need to meet this guy!"

"Haha, okay."

          As we stepped out of the car, and towards the cafe, I glanced at the cafe. The memories just flooded my train of thought. I didn't even really remember why we were here in the first place for a couple seconds. We found a table in the cafe, and I pushed all those horrible memories away and was trying to be joyous and excited, for Ashlyn's sake. She doesn't need to be dragged into my past drama. I always need to focus on the future, right?

          We both had been bored and were looking on our phones. I looked up when I heard a slight squeal and saw Ashlyn stand up from the corner of my eye. When I looked up, I made eye contact with "Cory" and got instantly confused, and angry. I didn't know what was going on, but I didn't want to be a part of it. However, how could you not want to know what's going on?! I wanted to know so bad, but I was not about to give him the time of day. 

AN:

Hope you guys had a great day! I am going to be writing a lot tonight. I'm just in the mood to write. I will be working on this story, and I am going to start working on a project, which will not be coming out until 2016, and hopefully you guys will like it. :) Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! I am going to make it my goal to update every day of this week. Love you guys! Hope you guys have a great night! :D

BTW: sorry these chapters have been unedited. I'm too lazy atm to read through it, but I want to publish it, and continue the story. I will end up going in and editing it. But for now, I hope it's okay.