Chapter 6

I didn't have any words. Honestly, at this moment, I don't know what to feel. I don't know if I am mad at him for asking me to choose which one was more important to me, or if I'm just upset with myself for making Drew go through this. I don't want to loose him, but I don't want to loose this career. I've always known that the only job I was going to have was going to be one I was passionate about. I just need to be alone to think. "I'm sorry, I have to go," I whispered as I sped-walked passed him and across the sidewalk. I decided to just walk to my manager's house, and ask her for a ride home. Maybe doing this dinner show right now is too much for me to think about. I still have many tasks on my plate and I now have much to think about , referring to my questionable relationship. Luckily for me, my manager doesn't live too far from the cafe, and it was only about a 5-minute walk. As I walked, I just thought about everything. What was going to happen? We all know the future is undetermined, but I want to determine it. I think I can say the same for everyone going through what I'm going through, at the moment. I want to know that Drew and I will be alright, and my YouTube career will take off, and that I will be okay. Or am I not meant to end up with Drew? I don't even want to think about the future, right now. I just want to figure out if I will be able to work out my schedule better, and be able to save our relationship. I know, "not everything is about boyfriends and girlfriends. If anything, you should be worried about what makes you happy. The thing is, he is what makes me happy." He is that one person that I can call, not only my boyfriend, but my other half. He was here for me when my mom passed away, and he was here when my dad had to move. He was here for me for the simplist things, like when I would fall and scrape my knee. He kept me going. He is like an engine to a car. Without him, I wouldn't go anywhere. He always keeps me hoping, and moving forward with my life. He is the one that convinced me to start YouTube in the first place. 

        "Does he think YouTube is replacing him?" Judy, my manager, asked me as we sipped on some Camamele tea.

        "I wish I knew. I just wonder how long he's been feeling this way. I mean, I am the cause of him lashing out on me, but I don't know if he just started realizing the whole impact this could have on our relationship today, or overnight, or what..." I explained to her. 

        "I think you need to talk to him. I think you both deserve to know what each other's feelings on the subject are and what your next step is."

        "Yeah, you're probably right. I should go home now. Do you think you could give me a ride?"

        "Yeah."

        "Thanks."

        We both head out to her car, and whole ride home, I thought of nothing but Drew. What would happen if we broke up? Would we still be friends? Would we still talk? I don't want to have an awkward friendship with him. He is my only really close friend here, in California. Without him in my life, I don't know what I would do. 

        "Thank you for the tea and letting me talk to you. I really appreciate it."

        "Ofcourse! Anytime."

        I walked up to my front door. I dug through my purse, but couldn't find my key. I practically threw everything out of my purse looking for it, but couldn't find it anywhere! My aunt wasn't home, and I was the only other person living with her, for the time being, anyway. "Dang it!" I shout-whispered to myself. I pulled out my phone, about to text my aunt, when a deep blue car pulled up behind me. Drew's car.

        "Your keys must've fallen out of your purse," he stated walking up to me, handing me my keys.

        "Thank you, and I'm sorry for running off earlier. I just needed to think."

        "It's okay. I have to go but, I'll call you?"

        "Yeah... sure."

        He hugged me and left. Out of all the hugs we shared, that had to be the most awkward. I unlocked my front door and stepped inside. I made my way to my freshly-cleaned room and sat down on my stool. I needed to think about what I was going to say when I called him later. What was there to say? What was he going to say?

AN:

I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far! I decided to start writing this story using my laptop, and I found that it also helps me write more, and make my chapters longer. I'll try to update tomorrow. Goodnight!