Chapter 3

The café Drew took me to is a cute little one on the corner of a small shopping center. He held the door to the café open for me like a gentleman, and, when we walked in, my mind couldn't take in what I saw. A waitress held up a chalkboard sign, with the name "Emerald" written across it. She was standing in front of a booth that was in the corner and was covered with rose pedals. As a center piece, daisy pedals, my favorite flower, spelled out "Prom?" As I read that, I didn't even give Drew a chance to ask me, I just jumped into his arms and screamed, "Yes!" This makes my senior year the best high school year I've had. Taking my seat in the booth, Drew joining me, he ordered our drinks, and, yet again, we sat in silence. I had no words. Nothing could express the joy he gave me. Life hasn't been easy, for me, as a high-schooler. I wanted to stay in California, because my friends were here and the life I wanted to continue after I graduated took place there. Luckily, I have an aunt in California, so I live with her now, but it's been hard not being able to see my dad. Having people like Drew in my life, put a smile on my face and help me stay hopeful.

AN:
Sorry this is a really short chapter, but, in the spirit of Prom, why not have a Promposal? Haha I actually didn't think about the season when writing this, I just thought it was cute. Since this chapter is short, if I have time, I'll also publish chapter 4 tonight. ♡