Chapter 2

In the car, I thought about many memories of my past. Since I'm so busy, I don't have a lot of time to just sit down and think. The café he was driving us to was a good 20 minutes away, so I had a chance to just sit, and think to myself. I remembered my childhood. I kind of miss it. All the times my mom took me to the park, pushing me on the swing set, teaching me how to ride a bike. More than my childhood all together, more specifically, I miss spending time with my mom. She passed away when I was about twelve. I had my dad, though, and he and I became really close. He was my best friend. He still is. However he lives in a different state, now, so sometimes it's hard to be able to see him. As my mind replayed the images of my childhood in my head, I heard a soft voice. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Drew asked me with his hand gently placed on my shoulder. My mind was so occupied, I didn't even realize I was crying, "Oh, um... yeah its nothing...just some flashbacks. That's all." I replied. He responded "Do you want too talk about it?" "No, not really. I'll be okay." "Alright, if you change your mind, I'm here. Now let's go inside and eat." I knodded, realizing we had already parked in the parking lot. He left out of the car on his side, and came over to my side and opened my door for me. He reached his hand out, and I took it, smiling. "That's the smile I missed so much," Drew commented, making me smile more. The heals of my boots clicked across the concrete as we made our way through the parking lot, to the café doors.

AN:
I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! This chapter was just getting to know a bit more about Emerald. In the next couple chapters, more drama will happen. Happy Easter! ♡♡♡