Chapter 5

By the time I made it out of the cafè, Drew was already about to open the car door on the driver's side. I had this sudden rush over me. This was a rush of guilt and sorrow. I darted towards him, and in front of the partly opened car door. Before I could speak, I looked at Drew's tensed face. And I deeply thought about what needed to happen next. I genuinely loved Drew. He stuck with me through all the stress, and bad scheduling, but I could tell he couldn't stand it anymore. I opened my mouth, and just as I was about to speak, Drew beat me to it, "I don't know what to do, and I don't know what you want me to do, but these random meetings, and events aren't working. This whole YouTube thing is becoming too much. " A bit annoyed at what he said, I answered, "And I'm sorry this is so hard for you, I truly am, but I wouldn't leave my fans, the people that made my dream to come true, for anything."

"Not even for someone who's known you longer than you've been on Youtube?"

I've never thought about it like that before. He has been in my life longer than many of my friends. Before we dated, we were best friends. Always hanging out together: studying, watching movies, and, when I started YouTube, filming. He's been there with me through it all.

     I guess I was zoned out from thinking because Drew questioned, "Heather?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know what to do."

"I love you, but I'm barely on your schedule, anymore."

"What do you want from me?"

"Which is more important to you?"

     My mind went blank, and my eyes went wide. Does he honestly expect me to answer this question?