Chapter Six - The First Few Pieces To The Puzzle

“Look, I already told you. You came in here with a mild concussion some bruised ribs, no big deal.” The doctor shrugged as we stood In a hospital room with him.

At the moment, he was with a patient. An old man, who was only in his underwear, as the doctor seemed to be giving him a physical, but I wasn’t so sure.

“Although, none of you could articulate how it happened.” The doctor continued.

“Do you remember how many of us were here?” Phil asked from beside me.

The doctor now had a popsicle stick on the old mans tongue, “Um, I think it was just you guys-” He glanced at Benjamin Carlos, “Definitely no baby, and one other guy.”

“That’s our guy!” Stu cheered, his mood brightening, “Was he okay?”

“Yep.” The doctor replied, “Just whacked out of his mind- you all were.” The doctor then turned to his patent, “Alright come forward.”

He pulled the old man off of the bed slowly, before turning him around. The old man’s backside facing us. Then what he did scarred me for life.

The doctor pulled down the man’s pants.

I looked away, burring my face in Phil’s shoulder. That was a nasty sight… I didn’t even want to think about it. Phil, and Stu had also turned away, but when I glanced over at Alan I saw that he was staring at… the old man’s bum fascinated.

Eww… Seriously, what’s wrong with him… Sometimes I worry.

“And cough,” I heard the doctor’s voice say, followed by a struggled cough, “Cough… Cough… Cough…Give me one more-” Another cough followed, “Alright.”

I turned around slowly, when I heard the sound of pants being pulled up.

“Alright Felix you can put your robe on, and the nurse will be in here in a minute. I’ll see you after the weekend.”

“Thank- Thank you doctor.” The old man replied.

The doctor then walked towards us and had a disgusted look on his face. No offense to the old man- but I probably would have looked like that too if I had to do that every week.

“Guys I really have to go- I have surgery up on the fourth floor.” The doctor said, as he washed his hands in the nearby sink.

I sighed, just our luck.

“I know.” Phil said stepping forward, “But we just need a couple more minutes of your time.” Phil held up a hundred dollar bill causing me to roll my eyes, of course he would bribe the doctor.

The doctor looked at the money before nodding, “Yeah tuck it in right there-” He pointed to his jacket pocket, “I don’t want to re-sterilize… Walk with me.”

~*~*~

The doctor was now carrying the files of last night. I looked over his shoulder reading the information- well as much as I could. Doctors always wrote sloppy.

“Okay here we go- Patient name : Phil Wenneck, 2:45 am arrival- mild concussion, some bruising. Pretty standard.”

“Yeah, can I actually take a look? I’m a doctor-”

Oh god Stu, not again.

“Yeah, you said that several times last night. But really you’re just a dentist.” The doctor said arrogantly- aw, poor Stu.