Chapter 1: Chris

"Oh! Would you look at that!! There's snow outside mother!!" I scream excitedly pulling my mother towards the window.

"I don't have time for this, Cristine" her mother sighs, and rushes back to the kitchen.

I look out the window again "oh, it's so beautiful..."

"Cristine! Get in here already, the rest of the pack members and visiting alphas will be here anytime soon and we don't have anything made yet!!" My mother yells at me running frantically around the kitchen.

"Mom, why can't we just order something or buy some-" I start but she mom shoots me a look. Homemade meals it is then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The doorbell rings just as my mother pulls out the turkey from the oven. I bounce up finally ready to do something after sitting for 2 hours of boredom, I had no idea how to cook. I throw the door open revealing one of my most favorite people in the world. "Chris!" I yell and hug him. We had the same name or same nickname at least, I was Cris as in Cristine and he was Chris as in Christopher. He was my best friend quite like a brother if I ever had one. He had a few guys behind him I didn't recognize. Yes, I was part of the pack but I was in what was considered the "low" standing werewolves whose parents just cooked for the pack and taught them basic training lessons which was where my father was at the moment. I clear my throat in attempt for Chris to introduce them.

He looks up "oh, these are some members of my pack, this is Kole, my beta, and Richie, third in charge. Kole bowed, Richie didn't, I see why Kole's beta now, he didn't have to though, I was lower than them, I should be bowing. Yes, we've been friends for a long time but I've never met anyone from his pack until now, I knew he was an Alpha but it never really hit me until now, I guess he never wanted me to think of him in that way, as in "authority" who just bosses everyone around. I wish he was my mate but he wasn't and it kinda made me sad but hopefully there's someone great out there right?