Chapter 10: Love and War

I flipped open my eyes and looked at the sleeping bundle on my chest. I remembered to last night.

She leaned up to me until her face was in front of mine, then she kissed me softly and wrapped her arms around me. I kissed back and she pulled away with a small smile on her face as she nestled into my chest. I laid down and she curled up on my chest like a cat and soon fell asleep. I pulled the covers over us and fell asleep.

I rubbed the top of her head as she purred in her sleep. I looked out the small window on the wall and saw the sun barely shining over the short horizon and silently slipped out from underneath Alice. I started to walk out the door when she started to shift around.

I crept out of the room and started to wander around. I started to rub my eyes and ran face first into a wall. I jolted back as my energy rushed back into me.

I rubbed where I had hit and heard someone talking near me.

"You should really watch where you're going, I heard walls can hold grudges." Said Linda as she passed by me, holding a large basket of some sort filled with clothes.

"What's that?" I asked looking at the basket.

"Well, Ruby doesn't keep her room clean so I have to go and do it, she's lucky that I can't really punish her." She said.

I took the basket from her and followed her down the halls to a large room full of strange devices.

"I'm going to leave this to you. I might break something." I stated before I walked out.

I wandered the halls feeling the details on the walls as I went.

I saw Alice as I walked by and saw that she had a gloomy look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I had a bad dream." She said as she looked at the ground.

I walked up to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Wanna tell me?" I asked.

She shook her head and started shaking slightly.

I flipped her around and pressed my lips against hers. She fell limp and her eyes widened then she started to tear up.

She pulled away with a little grin on her face then ran down the hall.

I shrugged with a smile on my face, satisfied with what I had done.

I walked outside and saw a small group of about four people waiting outside. One of them ran up to me and handed me a small golden trinket.

"T-thank you for what you did last night, you saved my fiancèe from that terrible man." Said the man.

"Yeah. What happened to him anyway?" I asked.

"The punishment for assault of that kind is punishment by neutering." Said the man.

"A fitting punishment, I wouldn't have it any other way." I said, holding a slight chuckle.

They all expressed their appreciation and left.

I looked down at the small golden trinket and found that it opens.

It was an odd shape and opened up for a pocket. I fiddled with the stone in my pocket and found that it fit inside the trinket well. The man had also handed me a chain with a note attached to it.

For your loved one. May she know the gratitude that we show you.

I attached the chain to it and dropped the stone inside the trinket and stuffed it into my pocket.